Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Really want to make a change Watch

Hey I want to lose weight and get the perfect body I always desired to have, however the problems is I don't know how to I mean I exercise but I don't think its enough, I feel as though my weight is hindering me in everything I do from talking being social to walking in the street to even looking at my reflection on shop windows, I really hate my weight problem, my family say that I'm average but I don't feel it I think I'm quite chubby and so I feel extremely disgusting everyday not to mention feeling very sluggish. My weight is my insecurity I feel if I were to lose a few stones id feel so much confortable and secure in my skin

I just want to ask has anyone got tips?

ReputationRep:
    Getting straight to the point:

1. If you can afford to, go to the gym, search for a local/uni gym and just get a monthly pass. If you're unsure on what to do, have a look at some youtube videos. It's pretty straight forward, just hop on the cardio machines (treadmills, elliptical, those weird arm ones) and just go at it, start from there and you once you start learn, have fun with it and explore with other exercises.

2 If gym is not an option, go jog around the park, do home bodyweight exercises, yoga, pilates. Anything to get your heart beating and to get you properly breathing.

3. Have a good diet, eat properly and have good meals. There are many vids online to get you started, but its common sense really. Don't eat excessively, lessen on the junk and all that. Weigh yourself daily and keep track

This will take time and effort, don't expect fast results. Realistically speaking, expect to START see some changes in a month or two. To get the "perfect" body will take much longer, if not years, depending on what you have in mind.

ReputationRep:
    The only way to lose weight is to be in a calorie deficit. You can create a deficit either by eating less or increasing your TDEE via exercise. Eating less is almost always the easiest for the average person, and is more likely to get you results. Though you should still exercise for general health.

Read the FAQs here from the fitness forum, they literally explain everything:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...7#post52106993

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.