Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have received all my offers back from the universities that I applied to but I have no idea which one to go to. Each university is good for different reasons and the perfect university would be a mixture of all of them! I have visited all the universities on the open days and 2 of them again due to an interview or compulsory department open day. I am predicted 3 A's in Geography, Chemistry and Physics.
    Offers:
    University of East Anglia - Environmental Earth Sciences (International) - AAB
    University of East Anglia - Environmental Earth Sciences (Industrial) - ABB
    UCL - Earth Sciences - AAB
    University of Leeds - Environmental Science (International) - A*AA (interview upcoming)
    University of Leeds - Environmental Science (Industrial) - ABB

Does anyone have any advice, tips or methods on how to choose?
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CBrocklehurst)
    I have received all my offers back from the universities that I applied to but I have no idea which one to go to. Each university is good for different reasons and the perfect university would be a mixture of all of them! I have visited all the universities on the open days and 2 of them again due to an interview or compulsory department open day. I am predicted 3 A's in Geography, Chemistry and Physics.
    Offers:
    University of Leeds - Environmental Science (International) - A*AA (interview upcoming)

Have you looked at the degree structures and module options in detail? There are bound to be differences, I think you should firm whichever course that has the most interesting modules. Also consider fieldwork options, how the degree is assessed (coursework vs written exams - you can find out using university.which.co.uk), year abroad opportunities and cost of accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Have you looked at the degree structures and module options in detail? There are bound to be differences, I think you should firm whichever course that has the most interesting modules. Also consider fieldwork options, how the degree is assessed (coursework vs written exams - you can find out using university.which.co.uk), year abroad opportunities and cost of accommodation.
    Thank you, this is a good idea. I shall have a look at then a bit more in detail.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CBrocklehurst)
    Offers:

As Snufkin suggests, using some of the tools around to compare the courses is a good idea. You can also use Unistats to drill down and see what some of the students are saying about the courses.

Name:  COMPARE.png
Views: 34
Size:  33.8 KB

As you'll see we have a 100% satisfaction ranking in the course here at UEA, and we pride ourselves on student experience. Furthermore I'm confident the cost of living here in Norwich can work out cheaper in some respects than your other choices in particular London. Our private accommodation and campus accommodation certainly seem to have some more affordable options.

Do let us know if you have any questions

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.