Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dropped out in Year 9, nearly Year 11 and no GCSE's Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm so stuck right now. I dropped out of school due to severe mental health issues and now I'm just stuck. Me and my mum accepted that I just cannot go back to a normal school but we have no idea what to do. She wants me to be homeschooled but how the hell am I supposed to get GCSE's doing that? I was looking to just do my GCSE's in college but all the college sites say that I have to have previous GCSE's (which I don't have).

Am I just a lost cause like my dad thinks and should just give up, or what else do I do?

ReputationRep:
    Don't give up. Homeschool and then do iGCSEs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    Don't give up. Homeschool and then do iGCSEs
    But how do I do that? I'm so confused about everything I have no idea what to do.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you can redo yr11. Some schools have GCSEs in one year.
    If you want to learn GCSE by yourself I think that's fine. You can enter the exams as private candidate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can you cover content yourself?
    I had a friend in a similar situation as you. There are many things you could do, such as get tutors to come to you or study it yourself and sit it externally.

ReputationRep:
    Look around online. There are quite a few support networks of home-schoolers who will be able to help, e.g. http://www.home-education.org.uk/forums.htm

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.