Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If there are any current/past students that lived or has an idea of both of these options, could you please share any pros and cons of the accommodation for either option? I'm off to UoL (unconditional thank god) and have been recently thinking about accommodation so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hey Claire,

Congratulations on your offer!!

I'm a recent graduate from the University of Leicester, so I thought I could help you with some accommodation information.

Oadby and City living accommodation both have their advantages, really when choosing between the two its really up to what you prefer more.

Do you have any preference on the room types you would like e.g. En suite or shared bathroom, Catered or Self- Catered, also would you like to be close to campus or have some distance from the campus?

Oadby Student Village is about a 20 minute drive from campus and with Leicester's Botanic gardens as one of the surroundings its a really nice place to live. Oadby has a really nice student atmosphere, with the site housing approx 1800 students, it has great facilities such as the Village hub and Roger Bettle Sport Centre. I happened to live there in my first year (John Foster- Pavilions) and I absolutely enjoyed my time there.

City Living accommodation is a lot closer to Campus, with most of the accommodations being less than a 10 minute walk from campus (with the exception of Mary Gee). City Living is also a lot closer to the City Centre and Freemans Park and just like Oadby RA's organise a lot of events for Students.

So it's really up to you!

if you have any questions about either site feel free to quote me

Antonia

ReputationRep:
    What's freemans like for postgrad? And how far away is Mary gee from campus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Add!ction)
    What's freemans like for postgrad? And how far away is Mary gee from campus?
    Hey,

Freeman's Common is very popular for postgraduate, as it's only a 5 mins walk away from campus and it's one of the cheapest room types that the University offers. With Freeman's Park ( where Morrison's is located) and City Centre being a short walk away it is definitely a nice choice.

The Accommodation office also tries to make sure that postgraduate students are also placed with other postgraduates.

Mary gee is about 15-20 mins walk away from campus. Its halfway between Campus and Oadby Student Village.

if you have more questions, feel free to message me!

Antonia

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for your reply! Thinking Freemens Park, anywhere I can get some pics? I live far away for a visit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Add!ction)
    Thank you so much for your reply! Thinking Freemens Park, anywhere I can get some pics? I live far away for a visit.
    No problem!

https://rooms.le.ac.uk/student_porta...h/Details/1408

I have attached the link (above) to the University's accommodation website. There it has information about Freeman's Common and it also includes 360 degrees view of one of the rooms.

I hope this helps!

Antonia

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.