Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any good horror games to play? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Alien isolation!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Gaben)
    Until Dawn
    loved this game!! the butterfly effect is soo cool! i love the way everytime you play theres a different ending!! though i always manage to kill of some characters :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Visage- NOW I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS!!
    if you're up for it and willing to get scared- watch the trailer- cant wait to play this!
    a physcological horror- it messes with you! my type of horror :yep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THc-3-eAZkI

Last Year- looks v v scary, not as good as ^^

Agony- this could be either v good or v bad- will have to play to se

The Conjuring House- not so sure about this game- check out the trailer and lemme know what you think

Resident Evil 4- i loved all of the games so this one will obvs be amazing

P.A.M.E.L.A- Cannot wait for this game. heres the gameplay trailer!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5-puByYCMs

Scorn- everyones looking forward to this but i thnk its gross and v gory! not one im willing to play haha

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-FIEG0_cR4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    Visage- NOW I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS!!
    if you're up for it and willing to get scared- watch the trailer- cant wait to play this!
    a physcological horror- it messes with you! my type of horror :yep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THc-3-eAZkI

Last Year- looks v v scary, not as good as ^^

Agony- this could be either v good or v bad- will have to play to se

The Conjuring House- not so sure about this game- check out the trailer and lemme know what you think

Resident Evil 4- i loved all of the games so this one will obvs be amazing

P.A.M.E.L.A- Cannot wait for this game. heres the gameplay trailer!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5-puByYCMs

Scorn- everyones looking forward to this but i thnk its gross and v gory! not one im willing to play haha
    Visage looks so scary dont know if i might die playing it haha, I'm going to check out the others you mentioned they sound scary haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JazzMc)
    Visage looks so scary dont know if i might die playing it haha, I'm going to check out the others you mentioned they sound scary haha
    Visage looks v v scary!! I wanna play it let me know what you think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrex)
    Alien isolation!!
    That damn tram at the beginning dear lord. And then that spoiler location near the end, god that was ****ing awful. Low an ammunition, health and I was scrambling to make a ****ing beeper.

Alien: Isolation is not good for your heart if you have a heart condition or can't handle stress, it's easily the most stressful game I've ever played. Even kicking a can on the floor gets the attention of the Alien. Breaking locks or welding a door open while you can hear the Alien banging around is scary.

A truly fantastic game but horrifically stressful. It's a masterpiece. Word of advice: Play in the dark alone, have decent quality headphones and turn the sound UP. You're in for one wild ride. I love horror games but Alien: Isolation was the first game to make me have breaks because of stress.

Also it's a decent length game, it perfectly lulls you into a sense of peace maybe 3/4 of the way through, spoilers so I can't say. But you really feel like a survivor scrambling around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skoomafish)
    That damn tram at the beginning dear lord. And then that spoiler location near the end, god that was ****ing awful. Low an ammunition, health and I was scrambling to make a ****ing beeper.

Alien: Isolation is not good for your heart if you have a heart condition or can't handle stress, it's easily the most stressful game I've ever played. Even kicking a can on the floor gets the attention of the Alien. Breaking locks or welding a door open while you can hear the Alien banging around is scary.

A truly fantastic game but horrifically stressful. It's a masterpiece. Word of advice: Play in the dark alone, have decent quality headphones and turn the sound UP. You're in for one wild ride. I love horror games but Alien: Isolation was the first game to make me have breaks because of stress.

Also it's a decent length game, it perfectly lulls you into a sense of peace maybe 3/4 of the way through, spoilers so I can't say. But you really feel like a survivor scrambling around.
    Have you done it on nightmare difficulty? Took me a while but managed it in the end ( also didn't die either haha!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrex)
    Have you done it on nightmare difficulty? Took me a while but managed it in the end ( also didn't die either haha!)
    Tried it but honestly, after you go through the game once and play it again, the tension and horror is just missing, it lacks the magic the first playthrough had where you knew nothing at all which actually really saddens me. That tram moment, the secret location near the end, the time you're in THAT capsule, all of it. Magic gone poof. But I don't regret it.

If I could wipe my memory of the game just so I can replay it, I would. I'd only play again purely for gameplay reasons. It definitely is a must play at least once in your lifetime game however.

The developers are actually considering an Alien: Isolation 2! They want to keep the tone and the presence of only one alien as well which is cool but also had more interactivity within the space station/ship whatever.

Another horror game I suggest is Fatal Frame: Crimson Butterfly. **** the Kurosawa house and the Kusabi. Fatal Frame 3 is unnerving as well with the dreams. I need the consoles to play the later versions sadly.

On the topic of dreams, Silent Hill 4: the Room is fantastic, you really are left unsure if its you or the world around you going insane. If you live in an apartment, you will never look at it in the same way again and you definitely will develop a phobia of your peephole!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skoomafish)
    Tried it but honestly, after you go through the game once and play it again, the tension and horror is just missing, it lacks the magic the first playthrough had where you knew nothing at all which actually really saddens me. That tram moment, the secret location near the end, the time you're in THAT capsule, all of it. Magic gone poof. But I don't regret it.

If I could wipe my memory of the game just so I can replay it, I would. I'd only play again purely for gameplay reasons. It definitely is a must play at least once in your lifetime game however.

The developers are actually considering an Alien: Isolation 2! They want to keep the tone and the presence of only one alien as well which is cool but also had more interactivity within the space station/ship whatever.

Another horror game I suggest is Fatal Frame: Crimson Butterfly. **** the Kurosawa house and the Kusabi. Fatal Frame 3 is unnerving as well with the dreams. I need the consoles to play the later versions sadly.

On the topic of dreams, Silent Hill 4: the Room is fantastic, you really are left unsure if its you or the world around you going insane. If you live in an apartment, you will never look at it in the same way again and you definitely will develop a phobia of your peephole!
    Yeah I see what you mean, but for me, playing it on nightmare seemed a lot more scarier, I literally couldn't move or I would die aha. Took ages to complete!

I really hope your right, a second would be brilliant! Though I hope it's split screen or at least multiplayer, it'll be a lot more interesting.

Sounds good !!! Are they available on the Xbox 360? As that's all I have haha. Oh and if you haven't already, try playing Dead Space' , it's great( obviously not as good as alien though)

ReputationRep:
    Resident evil 7.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.