Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Looking at getting a new phone, need some advice on which one people would recommend?

Had an S4 for quite a while but is currently dead not powering on or anything. Looking between the Xperia XZ, S7 and Pixel but not a fan of expandable memory not on it.

Main things wanting from it:
    - Good reliability/build quality
    - Nice screen
    - Good call/text quality
    - not to lag after 6-12 months use (this is why I'm bit worried if go for another Samsung as my old S4 was a bit laggy I found on some stuff i.e. (youtube, internet browsing). Touchwiz
    - Expandable Memory preferred
    - Easy to use
    - Good battery life.

As far as I can see the XZ is good in most but worried about overheating. Or should I go for the S7?

ReputationRep:
    Not an iPhone. I wrote a persuasive essay on why not to buy an iPhone for my english portfolio last year, so would take extreme personal offence.
    My friend has a HTC 10 and previously had a one M8, both were pretty impressive.
    Another friend has the S7, good but I find the curved screen a bit weird. Like go on snapchat and your face is stretched round the side of your phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ajmal92)
    Looking at getting a new phone, need some advice on which one people would recommend?

Had an S4 for quite a while but is currently dead not powering on or anything. Looking between the Xperia XZ, S7 and Pixel but not a fan of expandable memory not on it.

- Nice screen
    - Good call/text quality
    - not to lag after 6-12 months use (this is why I'm bit worried if go for another Samsung as my old S4 was a bit laggy I found on some stuff i.e. (youtube, internet browsing). Touchwiz
    - Easy to use
    - Good battery life.

As far as I can see the XZ is good in most but worried about overheating. Or should I go for the S7?
    Nokia 3310

Can break a tank

ReputationRep:
    iPhone SE

Perfect phone.

ReputationRep:
    Oneplus, Samsung A series, Xiaomi Redmi (if you want a budget), but I presume you have the money covered as you wanted an s7.
    I'd defo go for the S7 as it's the flagship of the year, top specs, and nougat too. Or just wait for the s8, with its 6gb ram, snapdragon 835, and almost bezeless display.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James2138)
    Nokia 3310

Can break a tank
    There are nokias newer then that you know??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    There are nokias newer then that you know??
    Yh but can they break a tank??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fergijane88)
    Not an iPhone. I wrote a persuasive essay on why not to buy an iPhone for my english portfolio last year, so would take extreme personal offence.
    My friend has a HTC 10 and previously had a one M8, both were pretty impressive.
    Another friend has the S7, good but I find the curved screen a bit weird. Like go on snapchat and your face is stretched round the side of your phone

Isn't that like trying to convince people not to buy ice cream?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ajmal92)

- Nice screen
    - Good call/text quality
    - Easy to use
    - Good battery life.

One plus 3t

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Isn't that like trying to convince people not to buy ice cream?
    Just an attempt at sharing my hatred of Apple
    but it got me full marks so i ain't complaining lol

ReputationRep:
    Yh but can they break a tank??
    my phone basically is a tank, it is a nokia, i don't know what number. come on the 3310 is like black and white, not even proper resolution.

my nokia is basically a nice phone, if you want to use messages and the occasional wikipedia search, oh yeah and calls. that's about it though. whatsap doesn't work on it, but i think that's because i got barred somehow

oh yes, and the battery lasts for like 2 days on a full charge. really, for this feature alone, im keeping it.

everything else i can do on my pc>?!

ReputationRep:
    Apple is better if you have the money.

Most people would rather a laferrari but can't afford it so get a basic car

ReputationRep:

haha

I actually used to be a bit anti-Apple. Mainly because so many other people had this fetish for their products and I wanted to go against the flow.

In the end I got a Macbook Air in 2015 and realised how many laptops were plasticky rubbish in comparison. Even 'premium' ones.

Got an iPhone last year and everything has worked remarkably well tbf.

ReputationRep:
    my phone basically is a tank, it is a nokia, i don't know what number. come on the 3310 is like black and white, not even proper resolution.

my nokia is basically a nice phone, if you want to use messages and the occasional wikipedia search, oh yeah and calls. that's about it though. whatsap doesn't work on it, but i think that's because i got barred somehow

oh yes, and the battery lasts for like 2 days on a full charge. really, for this feature alone, im keeping it.

everything else i can do on my pc>?!
    but can your phone break a tank? The Nokia 3310 can outperform you're phone in bootup tests and it has the best game: SNAKES!!!!!!

ARRRRGGGGHHHH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    Apple is better if you have the money.

Most people would rather a laferrari but can't afford it so get a basic car
    (Original post by stefano865)
    haha

I actually used to be a bit anti-Apple. Mainly because so many other people had this fetish for their products and I wanted to go against the flow.

In the end I got a Macbook Air in 2015 and realised how many laptops were plasticky rubbish in comparison. Even 'premium' ones.

Got an iPhone last year and everything has worked remarkably well tbf.
    Don't some updates brick old Apple phones though, the 5s for example?

ReputationRep:
    but can your phone break a tank? The Nokia 3310 can outperform you're phone in bootup tests and it has the best game: SNAKES!!!!!!

ARRRRGGGGHHHH
    My phone turns on as fast as a 3310, but you are right about snakes though! Who can beat that!I literally played that game so that the snake was so long he filled the screen! lol

ReputationRep:
    Don't some updates brick old Apple phones though, the 5s for example?
    My younger sibling are on the original iPad minis and they still work fine on the latest update for them

ReputationRep:
    My younger sibling are on the original iPad minis and they still work fine on the latest update for them
    Yes, sure x

ReputationRep:
    Yes, sure x
    No really

ReputationRep:
    No really
    what do you mean 'not really'? i was agreeing with you!?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.