Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am doing construction right now but I would like to change to psychology. Should I?

ReputationRep:
    Jolly good question

ReputationRep:
    Nope. i study psychology

ReputationRep:
    Constructions more likely to get you a job I think... it is that quantity surveying..??
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    I would say go for it! I may be biased being a psych student at uni, but I would definitely say that if you have a passion for something, then why not!

(Original post by em211997)
    Constructions more likely to get you a job I think... it is that quantity surveying..??
    While job security is always a worry, psychology is one of those subjects that employers love in all areas of occupation, not just psychology based ones. If you want to go into a career in actually researching and practicing psychology, then you will need to have postgraduate degree, and probably a Doctorate of some kind. This is a long haul, and I would suggest you think about what you really want before you go onto taking that path.

If however you just want to learn more about psychology, and get a degree by doing that, I would say go for it. The skills you learn are applicable to many areas, and will make you a good candidate for future job positions.

Hope this helped! ☺️

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 9, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.