Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Florida gunman in custody, named as Esteban Santiago Watch

Not a muslim

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/fort-lauder...ntiago-1599768

Some media outlets are positng fake news stories about him being a muslim, or st-pid stories telling the FBI that he's a jihadi. Fake news, hardly any Latinos are muslim.

ReputationRep:
    I have seen it that he is being reported as White Hispanic.

Name:  TotallyWhite.PNG
Views: 34
Size:  269.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Not a muslim

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/fort-lauder...ntiago-1599768

Some media outlets are positng fake news stories about him being a muslim, or st-pid stories telling the FBI that he's a jihadi. Fake news, hardly any Latinos are muslim.
    Ive read that he was treated for being mental tho so would not surprise me if he was a convert 'muslim'. Many people with psych issues convert to islam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by interact)
    Many people with psych issues convert to islam
    Many people with psych issues convert to a religion or a political ideology. Something that gives you structure and takes away personal responsibility is extremely comforting, especially when you're not completely stable.

ReputationRep:
    I've just heard that they are not sure if the gunman really is Esteban Santiago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    I've just heard that they are not sure if the gunman really is Esteban Santiago
    Pretty sure they arrested the guy with the weapon, or so the eye witnesses reported.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    Pretty sure they arrested the guy with the weapon, or so the eye witnesses reported.
    No I mean someone on CNN said they are not confident enough to say that the person is definitely called Esteban Santiago

ReputationRep:
    Apparently he's a "white" Hispanic :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    No I mean someone on CNN said they are not confident enough to say that the person is definitely called Esteban Santiago
    Well the senator of Florida seemed pretty convinced as his press conference.

CNN just wanted the shooter to be white so they could continue their rhetoric, Hispanic doesn't fit for them.

EDIT: CNN even used a black and white picture to stop the guy looking tanned. The real picture is in colour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    I have seen it that he is being reported as White Hispanic.

Name:  TotallyWhite.PNG
Views: 34
Size:  269.3 KB
    Pure Aryan.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.