Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone

I am currently at uni and have applied to Edinburgh through UCAS to join first year next year to do Religious Studies and English lit. My A Levels are ABB and I have pretty good GCSEs. I will be applying as an EU national, which I know is more competitive. According to the admissions help team (who I emailed), all EU/Scottish applicants were offered a place with ABB (the A Level minimum) last year due to this course not being as competitive as others. However I'm still worried I won't get it (things might change this year). Also, the admissions help said that because I have already been to uni (and dropped out) they would consider it a 'false start' because it was a different subject, but it might still affect the application. Has anyone been through something similar with Uni of Edinburgh? I really have my heart set on it, both for the course but for the city and the amazing drama there. Can anyone give any advice/help?? Should I just drop applying as EU and apply as English as this give me more of a chance (even though its so expensive!)

Thanks!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 6, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.