Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently filling in my qualifications on the education section of my application and I've hit a stand-still.
    I have no idea how to enter AS/A Levels as there are so many different options.

I also need to include the 'Subject' of my EPQ (I presume the topic I did it on) which was horror video games and how they are effective. This sounds very... under-developed, and I need to make it sound a little more serious. I've lost the final title I used in my essay.
    Could somebody please give me suggestions for the subject box for my EPQ?

Thank you! I would be getting help from my current uni (I'm on foundation) but my tutor is a bit of an arse and hasn't helped with any of my application AT ALL.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by ClockworkPaws)
    I'm currently filling in my qualifications on the education section of my application and I've hit a stand-still.
    I have no idea how to enter AS/A Levels as there are so many different options.

I also need to include the 'Subject' of my EPQ (I presume the topic I did it on) which was horror video games and how they are effective. This sounds very... under-developed, and I need to make it sound a little more serious. I've lost the final title I used in my essay.
    Could somebody please give me suggestions for the subject box for my EPQ?

Thank you! I would be getting help from my current uni (I'm on foundation) but my tutor is a bit of an arse and hasn't helped with any of my application AT ALL.
    Have a read of this have you spoken to your tutor about getting a reference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Have a read of this have you spoken to your tutor about getting a reference?
    Sorry, have a read of what? And no not yet as I don't go back until Monday. It's the first thing I'll be asking him about and if he hasn't done it by the end of the week I'll have him to blame for no UCAS application :/
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Sorry, have a read of what? And no not yet as I don't go back until Monday. It's the first thing I'll be asking him about and if he hasn't done it by the end of the week I'll have him to blame for no UCAS application :/
    sorry the link didnt work https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/e...as-application .
    will you automatically get a place on the degree at the current uni if you dont get a place elsewhere?

ReputationRep:
    sorry the link didnt work https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/e...as-application .
    will you automatically get a place on the degree at the current uni if you dont get a place elsewhere?
    I would have had to sign up for Internal Progression to do that and as I hate my current university (it's even made me question whether I should do animation or not!) I didn't want to stay there any longer than I have to for my foundation

Had a read of the blog post but it doesn't answer my questions about 1. What I should put for my shortened EPQ title so it seems serious and 2. What option to select for my qualifications.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I would have had to sign up for Internal Progression to do that and as I hate my current university (it's even made me question whether I should do animation or not!) I didn't want to stay there any longer than I have to for my foundation

Had a read of the blog post but it doesn't answer my questions about 1. What I should put for my shortened EPQ title so it seems serious and 2. What option to select for my qualifications.
    start typing as or a level in the qualifications box and it should come up. I dont think your title needs changing particularly, they'll be more concerned with the grade i recon anyway.

ReputationRep:
    start typing as or a level in the qualifications box and it should come up. I dont think your title needs changing particularly, they'll be more concerned with the grade i recon anyway.
    That's the issue - I type in AS Level and the list of options it COULD be is huge, including Advanced Subsidiary, Advanced GCSE, AS, AS Level etc.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    That's the issue - I type in AS Level and the list of options it COULD be is huge, including Advanced Subsidiary, Advanced GCSE, AS, AS Level etc.
    Screenshot it?

ReputationRep:
    Screenshot it?
    Name:  AS.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  140.8 KB
    If I continue to type in AS Level more options like Advanced Subsidiary come in.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Name:  AS.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  140.8 KB
    If I continue to type in AS Level more options like Advanced Subsidiary come in.
    pick the one that solely says as level.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.