The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

1+1*0-1/1
What did you get in the maths Olympiad if you participated?
Original post by MathematicNerd
Hello, so probably from my username you can guess that I am very clever in mathematics. I love this subject. I did my gcse mathematics in year 9 and achieved A* (in fact 200/200). Therefore I did my AS mathematics in year 10 in which I achieved 296/300. This year (year 11) I shall be doing A2 mathematics and I am hoping for an A*. The purpose of this thread is to ask me any question related to maths and I will answer it. :smile:

hi can u help me with my gcse homework its about clocks i find it diffilcult
Original post by Mathemagicien
hi can u help me with my gcse homework its about clocks i find it diffilcult

for example why does 0 = 12? they are different numbers

Reply 5
Who is x and why do we have to keep looking for him?
Oh hello a mathematician :colondollar:
Hi
Reply 8
for example why does 0 = 12? they are different numbers

gg made me laugh
Original post by ABrooks99
1+1*0-1/1

what order do you do these things? is it + before * or the other way round? I have a test tommorow id appreciate an answer thanks x
but they could never figure out when the lesson should start
i still dont get it my teachers all think im dumb :frown:
Hey, I will start you with an easy one from China's national maths exam for 11 year olds.

Can every even integer greater than 2 be expressed as the sum of two primes?
thanks xx

would you be able to help with my homeowkr because this mathematics nerd isn't replying??
what order do you do these things? is it + before * or the other way round? I have a test tommorow id appreciate an answer thanks x

Try and remember the acronym BIDMAS (Bracket, Indices, Division, Multiplication, Addition, Subtraction). That's the order you do calculations with! Hope it helps! :smile:
Original post by ABrooks99
Try and remember the acronym BIDMAS (Bracket, Indices, Division, Multiplication, Addition, Subtraction). That's the order you do calculations with! Hope it helps! :smile:

i thought the acronym for maths was sohcahtoa?
Reply 16
Original post by ByronicHero
Hey, I will start you with an easy one from China's national maths exam for 11 year olds.

Can every even integer greater than 2 be expressed as the sum of two primes?

It works for all even numbers up to 4x1018 therefore it must work for all obviously.:colone:
Original post by B_9710
It works for all even numbers up to 4x1018 therefore it must work for all obviously.:colone:

:mmm:
im so confused now :frown:

so using this bidmas thing, 1+1*0-1/1 = 1+0-1/1 = 1+ 0 -0 = 1 + 0 = 1 ?

because multiplication by 1*0 is done first, then division 1/1, then subtraction, then addition??
i thought the acronym for maths was sohcahtoa?

That's for triangle calculations!

Latest