Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by SonoLuma)
    Hmm, hard to remember. I would say it was slightly longer than a "usual" piercing, but once it is healed, you can leave your piercing out for longer than usual, nowadays I could leave my septum out for a couple of weeks and it wouldnt heal up.

gotta keep it clean though, septums are slightly more at risk of infection.

To definitively answer your question, probably around a month. Give or take a week. It's a very nice piercing to have if youre in a situation that doesnt allow piercings! You can just flip it up into your nose and no one is the wiser!

I have a high tolerance for pain, so for me, no. For others I have seen, yes it hurt a bit. I would say it seems to hurt more for people because of that "eye watering" effect the nose has on people.

I would say it hurts more when you bang your nose on something, I had just got my nose done before going to download in 2013, went into the slipknot pits, within seconds someone elbowed me in the nose, pretty much blinding me. Wandering out of a slipknot pit with your eyes streaming is an interesting experience! haha
    Oh okay. I don't have the balls to do that at the moment lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Oh okay. I don't have the balls to do that at the moment lol!
    Haha, Yeah dont go for it if youre a "rough and tumble" kind of person.

But it is a nice piercing, definitely dont let apprehension put you off! the septum wouldnt hurt as much as some other piercings I can think of like a nape or dermal punch! lol

ReputationRep:
    5. Two on each lobe and a cartilage on my left ear

ReputationRep:
    1 ear and 1 shaft end.

TK_23

ReputationRep:
    5 both ears, one lobe has 2 piercings, and both nostrils

ReputationRep:
    5!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    1 ear and 1 shaft end.

TK_23
    You say WHAT now?

For now just ears .

ReputationRep:
    Ears and belly button. Potentially getting helix piercing done later this year

(Original post by Anna-Jack-Hope)
    Ears and belly button. Potentially getting helix piercing done later this year
    Get it, I have one

ReputationRep:
    Seven. Double lobes both ears. Helix and daith right ear. Navel.

Had a double helix on the right ear (both pierced with rings) but had to take the bottom one out a couple days ago as it had been six months and it just wasn't healing properly and I felt it was hindering the top one from healing as well. Since removing it the swelling has gone down considerably and the top one is healing well now after switching it to a bar at the same time. Going to get the bottom one re-done after it's healed fully.

ReputationRep:

2 in each ear

ReputationRep:
    I have belly button (just got it repierced an hour ago, actually), two lobe piercings & the first hole is stretched to 0G, and an upper lobe piercing at the middle of my ear. All the ear piercings are the same on both ears. I did take out previous cartilage earrings, I had 3 cartilage piercings on each ear up until a couple months ago when I took them out due to irritation from my headset at work. So the most I've had at one time would be 7.

ReputationRep:
    none

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.