Turn on thread page Beta

I sprained my Ankle watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was playing basketball and I landed on the side of my foot. It immediately swoll so much that I thought it was broken in two. I spent an hour and a half at the hospital and now I can't walk without crutches for 3 or 4 days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I was playing basketball and I landed on the side of my foot. It immediately swoll so much that I thought it was broken in two. I spent an hour and a half at the hospital and now I can't walk without crutches for 3 or 4 days.
    :eek:

*sob sob*

:eek:

*sob sob*

ReputationRep:
    milk it for all it's worth.

ReputationRep:
    I've done that playing basketball before..it really hurts ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Even sprained my wrist once
    Get well soon..

ReputationRep:
    I'm just glad it hasn't really started hurting yet. Maybe pain medicine will keep it away but I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just glad it hasn't really started hurting yet. Maybe pain medicine will keep it away but I doubt it.
    take advantage of it ... ull be treated as royalty while ur on the crutches

ReputationRep:
    use those analgesic gels..they are fantastic..

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    use those analgesic gels..they are fantastic..
    and a cocktail of panadol and brufen , dont know wat u guys have there since both i mentioned are brandnames

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    take advantage of it ... ull be treated as royalty while ur on the crutches
    I don't think that's going to work. On our way home I asked to stop at Dairy Queen and was immediately shot down for milking it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that's going to work. On our way home I asked to stop at Dairy Queen and was immediately shot down for milking it.
    tuff luck then ... when i got hurt , i got sick of ppl coming to my room and asking me if i needed another smoothie ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    and a cocktail of panadol and brufen , dont know wat u guys have there since both i mentioned are brandnames
    I'm 16. You can't drink in the states until you are 21. Plus, I wouldn't if I could.

ReputationRep:
    I spent three hours in casualty. I sprained my ankle last year jumping over an armchair in the prefect room.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16. You can't drink in the states until you are 21. Plus, I wouldn't if I could.
    they are painkillers *coughcough*

ReputationRep:
    Painkillers man ... iboprufen and paracetamol i think but its nice to know u dont wanna drink (Y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    they are painkillers *coughcough*
    I stand corrected. He said cocktails so I thought he meant alchohol.

ReputationRep:
    I stand corrected. He said cocktails so I thought he meant alchohol.
    i meant take em together , go easy on em though ... ive heard they cause liver damage if u take to much

ReputationRep:
    I'm on a perscription of ibuprofen, ice, ice & heat, and foot elevated.

ReputationRep:
    It is really bad! I got the worst king of sprain-hyperflex of the ankle when I had to make an emergency jump of a sledge into a pile of sharp rocks. My ankle has never been the same again and will get premeture arthritis.

Sorry for you, that sounds bad. I had to walk 4 miles to get to a household afterv the accident and made it very severe, they shaved my whole leg and started yanking it everywhere, mind you the nurse was very nice. If you landed on the side that will prabably heal nicely if you treated it within a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daibhidh)
    It is really bad! I got the worst king of sprain-hyperflex of the ankle when I had to make an emergency jump of a sledge into a pile of sharp rocks. My ankle has never been the same again and will get premeture arthritis.

Sorry for you, that sounds bad. I had to walk 4 miles to get to a household afterv the accident and made it very severe, they shaved my whole leg and started yanking it everywhere, mind you the nurse was very nice. If you landed on the side that will prabably heal nicely if you treated it within a day.
    didn't you say that once before?
    I feel i've heard it a few months ago....

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.