Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to comfort a friend who got rejected? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My friend got two rejections from conservatoires she applied to. One of those was Glasgow, which she had her heart set on and it's crushed her to not be accepted after she got quite far in the audition process. She just seems really down at the minute and I have no idea how to cheer her up... Reminding her that she still hasn't heard back from a couple doesn't seem to help as she now thinks she won't get into any
    How would you go about it if it was your friend?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was about getting rejected on a date...

You just need to tell her her that everything will be fine and to stay positive and to try harder, just encourage her to stay strong and keep going.

ReputationRep:
    Truthfully, there probably isn't anything you can say to cheer her up at this point. She feels hurt and, of course, rejected. All you can do is check in on her and let her know you're there for her. You really don't have to say anything but just be present. Take her for a coffee or to a movie.... or any fun activity that might give her mind a break. Yes, life will be good for her again but right now she has to go through the grieving process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I thought this was about getting rejected on a date...

You just need to tell her her that everything will be fine and to stay positive and to try harder, just encourage her to stay strong and keep going.

I've probably posted it in the wrong category. That's great advice, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefully1)
    Truthfully, there probably isn't anything you can say to cheer her up at this point. She feels hurt and, of course, rejected. All you can do is check in on her and let her know you're there for her. You really don't have to say anything but just be present. Take her for a coffee or to a movie.... or any fun activity that might give her mind a break. Yes, life will be good for her again but right now she has to go through the grieving process.
    Thankyou I'll try that

:rofl:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.