Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

The 2017 Oxford Decisions Thread

Well done everybody, the wait is almost over! The official decisions day for Oxford is the 11th January 2017 so you will hopefully find out your results on that day, or shortly afterwards. Good luck to all of you.

Please refer to the Oxford website for further guidance. You might also want to read through last year's decisions thread.

If your application has been successful, congratulations! If it has not, whilst disappointing, remember that you have done extremely well to get to this point and that you will have an excellent time wherever you end up going. If you wish to have feedback on your application, please follow the instructions on this page.

You can use the following format to post the results of your application when you find out:

Subject:
    College:
    Outcome:
    How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl):
    How do you feel?:

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe it's so soon!

In a week's time, my life will be very different either way.

1) If I get an offer, then that will possibly bring with it a long period of high motivation.

2) If I don't, then it'd be one of the worst setbacks in my life so far.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Tfw you get an offer from Oxford Brookes and see this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palette)
    Can't believe it's so soon!

In a week's time, my life will be very different either way.

1) If I get an offer, then that will possibly bring with it a long period of high motivation.

2) If I don't, then it'd be one of the worst setbacks in my life so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is exactly how I am feeling right now. Fingers crossed for both of us!!

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Plagioclase)

The 2017 Oxford Decisions Thread

Well done everybody, the wait is almost over! The official decisions day for Oxford is the 11th January 2017 so you will hopefully find out your results on that day, or shortly afterwards. Good luck to all of you.

Please refer to the Oxford website for further guidance. You might also want to read through last year's decisions thread.

If your application has been successful, congratulations! If it has not, whilst disappointing, remember that you have done extremely well to get to this point and that you will have an excellent time wherever you end up going. If you wish to have feedback on your application, please follow the instructions on this page.

You can use the following format to post the results of your application when you find out:

Subject:
    College:
    Outcome:
    How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl):
    How do you feel?:

Thank you making this thread Good Luck Everyone!

ReputationRep:
    It starts...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drriversong)
    It starts...
    So what have you applied for and how did the interviews go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The wait begins. I have not been really worried about it. There are just so much to do. Tbh you got A levels and you need to smash them as well. Not getting in is not the end of the world,
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Wednesday is only two days awayyyy

ReputationRep:
    Aye folks, at what time do they usually email us? I hope it's 5 AM Oxford time. Waiting will suck. Is there anyone here who applied to Christ Church for Physics?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by iLikeThemApples)
    Aye folks, at what time do they usually email us? I hope it's 5 AM Oxford time. Waiting will suck. Is there anyone here who applied to Christ Church for Physics?
    They are sleeping at 5 am in the morning :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    So nervous... I can't believe it's tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me at what time they email us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iLikeThemApples)
    Can someone tell me at what time they email us?
    could be anywhere from 9am onwards, GMT i suppose? or whenever their office opens.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the999gamer)
    So what have you applied for and how did the interviews go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I applied for history at Oriel At the time I thought they went well but the more time progresses the worse I feel about them. Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drriversong)
    I applied for history at Oriel At the time I thought they went well but the more time progresses the worse I feel about them. Yourself?
    I applied for Engineering Science at Worcester and was interviewed at Worc and Oriel. Worc interview went poor/Okay while the oriel one went Okay/maybe good. So fingers crossed. Where else were you interviewed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the999gamer)
    I applied for Engineering Science at Worcester and was interviewed at Worc and Oriel. Worc interview went poor/Okay while the oriel one went Okay/maybe good. So fingers crossed. Where else were you interviewed?
    Regents Park and St Benets- hated both (especially st benets)! still praying for oriel to come through
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Good luck for tomorrow everyone! I know there are and will lots of threads about acceptances but for the flip side, if it doesn't work out for you, I hope this will help in some way - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4424310. I'm posting this early because I found that there wasn't much on this issue on TSR last year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.