Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    GCSE Grades ?? I'm doing mine in 2018

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gunjo)
    For the people that got in, what were your GCSE grades?
    4 A* 6 A- it's a myth that you need 12 A*s to get in

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Music
    College: St Catherine's
    Outcome: Conditional Offer (AAA)
    How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email
    How do you feel?: Shocked, frankly, because I messed up my performance audition quite badly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gunjo)
    For the people that got in, what were your GCSE grades?
    10A*s but I'm not sure it has too much bearing if your application's good anyway tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qwerty178)
    I think they're treated pretty much the same as any other in the sense that they still look at your high school grades for admission and give you an offer based off of that (they don't ask for uni grades).

However, it may be a little bit different at interview. I told my tutors that I was already studying Law at UCL. They were a bit surprised to hear that I was reapplying and asked me why I'm doing so. I gave them my reason and they just said ok and moved on. I did suggest in my PS that having applied to PPE last year is part of it, however - I can give it to you privately if you want. I also explicitly mentioned Oxford so they kind of knew something was up.

In the first interview one of the tutors did admit that it was kind of a "mixed bag" that I was studying at another uni in that it gave me some advantage obviously, so I think they held me to a slightly higher standard - which is absolutely fair imo. I guess it can't have been that much of a knock against me seeing as they gave me an offer in the end.
    Thank you so much for answering! Can I message you?

ReputationRep:
    Subject: German
    College: The Queen's College
    Outcome: Offer!
    How did you find out? Letter
    How do you feel? Completely shocked! Really thought I had no chance!
    (Original post by Plagioclase)

The 2017 Oxford Decisions Thread

Well done everybody, the wait is almost over! The official decisions day for Oxford is the 11th January 2017 so you will hopefully find out your results on that day, or shortly afterwards. Good luck to all of you.

Please refer to the Oxford website for further guidance. You might also want to read through last year's decisions thread.

If your application has been successful, congratulations! If it has not, whilst disappointing, remember that you have done extremely well to get to this point and that you will have an excellent time wherever you end up going. If you wish to have feedback on your application, please follow the instructions on this page.

You can use the following format to post the results of your application when you find out:

Subject:
    College:
    Outcome:
    How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl):
    How do you feel?:

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else Oriel? Feeling lonely here 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trabajador)
    10A*s but I'm not sure it has too much bearing if you're application's good anyway tbh
    Just got an offer for German and I had 7 a*s, 4 as and 1 b

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saes)
    Thank you so much for answering! Can I message you?
    Feel free

ReputationRep:
    Any other Exeter offer holders hanging around?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martevdgraaf)
    Just got an offer for German and I had 7 a*s, 4 as and 1 b
    Someone else for sole German

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CivilAsAnOrange)
    Someone else for sole German
    Which college?

ReputationRep:
    Subject: history & politics
    College: univ
    Outcome: rejection
    How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): email... 8:30... before giving an assembly about how for prepare for exams to the year below
    How do you feel?:
    Really upset actually.... was a dream of mine forever but statistically knew Rejection was coming...... currently being disowned as the rest of my family went to Oxbridge 🙊 I might re apply next year, guessing the HAT let me down hasn't sunk in fully, definitely beginning to hate politics though
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by Lauren1498x)
    Subject: history & politics
    College: univ
    Outcome: rejection
    How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): email... 8:30... before giving an assembly about how for prepare for exams to the year below
    How do you feel?:
    Really upset actually.... was a dream of mine forever but statistically knew Rejection was coming...... currently being disowned as the rest of my family went to Oxbridge 🙊 I might re apply next year, guessing the HAT let me down hasn't sunk in fully, definitely beginning to hate politics though
    :console: perhaps see you in next year's thread!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Medicine
    College: Corpus Christi
    Outcome: Conditional Offer
    How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email (10 AM)
    How do you feel?: Relieved, shocked, thrilled

anyone else here who got into Corpus?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by ggana19)
    Subject: Medicine
    College: Corpus Christi
    Outcome: Conditional Offer
    How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email (10 AM)
    How do you feel?: Relieved, shocked, thrilled

anyone else here who got into Corpus?
    Check the Prospective Students thread, people are having a Corpus lovefest there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Check the Prospective Students thread, people are having a Corpus lovefest there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Subject: English Lang & Lit
    College: Balliol
    Outcome: Conditional offer (AAA)
    How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email
    How do you feel?: Elated and absolutely amazed, I never expected this outcome!

ReputationRep:
    Subject: PPE
    College: Jesus
    Outcome: Rejection
    How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email 12pm Eastern Time, 5pm GMT
    How do you feel?: Gutted, miserable, didn't go to school. Spent the afternoon rounding up all the various documents that York requested from me to make my offer there unconditional. The silver lining on all of this is that as well as the fact that I really do love York, I still have yet to hear back from UCL and I know I'll be happy at either of them (I just need to get away from the States, I've been living there since 2012).
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joebloggs1239)
    Would you be able to provide more information on open offers as I was given one today and I am slightly disappointed that I have not been assigned my college of choice?
    Congratulations on receiving an offer! We hope you don't feel too disappointed but would point out that everyone with an offer faces the same wait time until entry and that whichever college open offer holders are assigned to, they do seem to settle in as well as everyone else and enjoy their student experience.

We are happy to share what we put in our own Open Offer letters which is as follows:

Each year a small proportion of candidates across the University fail to meet the conditions of their offer or withdraw for other reasons. The vacancies arising are filled by candidates holding Open Offers. Different subjects operate different schemes but each shares the common feature that a student with an Open Offer has a guaranteed place. He or she may be accepted into the college sending the offer letter or they may be accepted by another college. It is not yet possible to say at which College your place will be; it may be at any which offer your course. Exactly which will depend on which has a vacancy after publication of UK Examination results in August. I can confirm, however, that Brasenose College guarantees to admit you in the event that no other College has a vacancy.

It is important to emphasise that the decision by a college to underwrite an Open Offer represents a positive commitment to you. Open Offer holders are not regarded any less favourably than other offer holders. Open Offers exist simply to minimise the chance that places available at Oxford are left unfilled.

It is sometimes possible to notify an Open Offer holder of his or her college in advance of August but more usually students have to wait until A-level results are announced (even if they are taking different qualifications, where results are announced before A-levels), which this year is [date].

... If you accept your offer through UCAS, the College offering a place will also send a pack of information that includes details of available accommodation and the associated tenancy agreement. You will not be disadvantaged in any way in securing accommodation as an Open Offer Holder because all incoming undergraduates are contacted at the same time to confirm accommodation after A-level results are published in August.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.