Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by ch2831)
    Thank you!! Where's the other thread?
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...rimary_content

Forgot which page it is though

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Mathematics and Computer Science
    College: Sommerville (Open Offer)
    Outcome: Conditional offer (39 for IB Diploma. 7-6-6 in HL Subject. 7 in Math HL)
    How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email at 9 AM (I wish it was the owl)
    How do you feel?: Was excited when I got the email not from my initial college (since it won't meant rejection). Now I felt much more motivated to get the score needed for me to get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfbenjamin)
    Hi I got an offer for Maths+Compsci

I had 10 A*s and 2 As at GCSE.
    May I just ask (and this applies to all compsci applicants of any form) what was included in your compact interview? I'm applying next year so I was wondering what type of questions you get asked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koruk11)
    Subject: PPL (Philosophy and Linguistics)
    College: Brasenose
    Outcome: Offer on condition of grade 5 in AP Japanese and AP Statistics
    How did you find out: Email
    How do you feel: my heart won't stop beating at an above average pace
    If I might ask, what ap classes have you taken prior to the Japanese and Statistics? This is another hopeful applicant form the U.S. I'm hoping to get in in 2019.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind me asking, what were your GCSE grades?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone from Merton? Lonely 😥😥
    I have an offer from Merton, for law

ReputationRep:
    subject: chemistry
    college: Keble
    outcome: Unconditional offer
    feeling: Super excited to move to the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roju)
    subject: chemistry
    college: Keble
    outcome: Unconditional offer
    feeling: Super excited to move to the UK
    I'm doing chemistry at Keble! What country do you live in?

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Law
    College: Merton
    Outcome: Offer conditional on AAA at A level
    How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email at 10.45 GMT on the 11th
    How do you feel?: Ecstatic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Livort)
    Subject: Law
    Outcome: Offer conditional on AAA at A level
    How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email at 10.45 GMT on the 11th
    How do you feel?: Ecstatic.
    Hey can I PM you?

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Biochemistry
    College: University College
    Outcome: Conditional (90% in the Indian ISC boards)
    How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email
    How do you feel?: Ecstatic!

I'm SUPER excited, but I'm also a little sad, because I may not be able to attend. The fees is too expensive, and there aren't many scholarships for Indian international students. It'll definitely sting if I become "that guy who had a chance to go to Oxford, but couldn't take it"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfbenjamin)
    It's not good practice to share your exact interview questions but Oxford do have some example questions on their website (There is a page with questions from all different departments and also some more questions on the computer science website I believe) which were very similar in style to the questions I got asked.

Good luck for your application!
    Oh no, gosh I wasn't looking for exact ones! Just the style so that's helpful, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hey can I PM you?
    Sure, feel free

ReputationRep:
    Subject: History and Politics
    Outcome: Offer (Unconditional)
    How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Woke up at 5:30 in the morning (US Central Time) and was greeted with an email
    How do you feel?: Top of the world

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Medicine
    Outcome: rejection
    How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): email
    How do you feel?: Like absolute crap tbh. I didn't even realize how much I'd built my identity around getting in to Oxford. It was the thing that made me push myself beyond my limits and the thing I daydreamed about when things got hard. I've never felt more at home anywhere and I've never wanted anything more. I worked so hard and in my opinion my application was competitive and I had a real chance of getting in but... Now it's all just suddenly blown apart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StationToStation)
    How do you feel?: Like absolute crap tbh. I didn't even realize how much I'd built my identity around getting in to Oxford. It was the thing that made me push myself beyond my limits and the thing I daydreamed about when things got hard. I've never felt more at home anywhere and I've never wanted anything more. I worked so hard and in my opinion my application was competitive and I had a real chance of getting in but... Now it's all just suddenly blown apart.
    Jesus Christ, you too? I feel this in my soul. A part of me knows that it's grades (how many applicants don't have GCSEs and only AABB at AS??) so luckily it's something I can work towards (getting A*A*A*A, as my predicted was A*A*AA and was still rejected). But still, it hurts a lot.

My mom says '**** em, **** em' and whilst I agree with her boldness/bravado, it's much harder when you know how hard you've worked and how far you've come.

I suppose the only condolences for us is that at least being rejected now we know that we weren't the most appropriate/best fit for the courses we applied to. And maybe we will be happier somewhere else, and more successful. Much better than being given an offer and not meeting it or dropping out (as a number do each year).

[I keep looking at the MSt requirements.......I should stop doing that]

ReputationRep:
    College: Christ Church & LMH
    Outcome: Acceptance @ Christ Church
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by StationToStation)
    Outcome: rejection
    How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): email
    (Original post by auburnstar)
    Jesus Christ, you too? I feel this in my soul. A part of me knows that it's grades (how many applicants don't have GCSEs and only AABB at AS??) so luckily it's something I can work towards (getting A*A*A*A, as my predicted was A*A*AA and was still rejected). But still, it hurts a lot.

My mom says '**** em, **** em' and whilst I agree with her boldness/bravado, it's much harder when you know how hard you've worked and how far you've come.

I suppose the only condolences for us is that at least being rejected now we know that we weren't the most appropriate/best fit for the courses we applied to. And maybe we will be happier somewhere else, and more successful. Much better than being given an offer and not meeting it or dropping out (as a number do each year).

[I keep looking at the MSt requirements.......I should stop doing that]
    :console:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.