Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    TO ANY TRINITY APPLICANTS:

I emailed yesterday morning to ask about decisions and they said that they sent letters yesterday afternoon. My post has arrived and I haven't had a letter
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by I can do this)
    Are they being serious??? Outright ridiculous! Really feel for you man, you've been such a blessing xx
    Yeah completely serious! Even have the pdf to prove it There are many qualified applicants which is reflected on tsr, I don't feel ashamed about not getting in. Thank you so much, I am glad that my posts were entertaining for you.

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Computer Science
    College: Keble
    Outcome: Offer (9.0 with 9.5 in maths in romanian Bacalaureate)
    How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email
    How do you feel?: Very, very, very happy and relieved now that the wait is finally over.

ReputationRep:
    Subject: History
    College: Open offer (underwritten by Catz)
    Outcome: Conditional Offer AAA
    Notified by PDF in an e-mail (UK)
    Feel stunned. Not knowing which college feels a bit odd but! 😎

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BEARichards)

I emailed yesterday morning to ask about decisions and they said that they sent letters yesterday afternoon. My post has arrived and I haven't had a letter
    Exactly the same as my sister for Trinity, no letter in the post today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BEARichards)

Same with me, the post arrived and there was nothing!

Do you know if they email anyone about it?

ReputationRep:
    Engineering Science
    Worcester
    Rejection
    Letter
    Bit disappointed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Subject: Human Sciences
    College: Magdalen
    Outcome: Rejection, No other colleges are currently considering your application
    How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email
    How do you feel?:
    Smile though your heart is aching
    Smile even though it's breaking
    When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
    If you smile through your fear and sorrow
    Smile and maybe tomorrow
    You'll see the sun come shining through for you
    - Smile, Nat King Cole

Good luck everybody and thank you all for having me!

Hey wolfmoon,

I'm sorry to hear that. I got an email reply too - rejection. Ah well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. At least we know now.

You take care,
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by forestmist82)
    Hey wolfmoon,

I'm sorry to hear that. I got an email reply too - rejection. Ah well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. At least we know now.

You take care,
    Hi ,

I am sorry to hear that as well Where do you think you are going for uni? Yep, we'll find ourselves somewhere, somehow

You take care too!

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Law with European Law
    College: Wadham
    Outcome: Offer on condition of a minimum 85% average at graduation (🇨🇦)
    How did you find out: Email
    How do you feel: Like I'm gonna faint😭💕

ReputationRep:
    Hi ,

I am sorry to hear that as well Where do you think you are going for uni? Yep, we'll find ourselves somewhere, somehow

You take care too!

I genuinely don't know to be honest. I currently only have one other offer (something of an atypical applicant - a lot of extenuating circumstances to take into account, and I've done all my exams already) which is Kent. But I have multiple sclerosis among other things, and have to have monthly infusions of the best med that's currently out there (I have a highly active type). To go to uni, because I will only be there during term time, means I'll have to come off these infusions and on to something else (as you can only have infusions in one location). So whichever course I go for, I need to be absolutely sure that I'm 100% sure about it, and that it's going to be worth risking becoming very seriously ill and even disabled for. So I really need to give it some thought now.

What about you?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I genuinely don't know to be honest. I currently only have one other offer (something of an atypical applicant - a lot of extenuating circumstances to take into account, and I've done all my exams already) which is Kent. But I have multiple sclerosis among other things, and have to have monthly infusions of the best med that's currently out there (I have a highly active type). To go to uni, because I will only be there during term time, means I'll have to come off these infusions and on to something else (as you can only have infusions in one location). So whichever course I go for, I need to be absolutely sure that I'm 100% sure about it, and that it's going to be worth risking becoming very seriously ill and even disabled for. So I really need to give it some thought now.

What about you?
    I hope you find somewhere that you are extremely happy with and definitely worth your trouble.

Still considering all my options, but probably firming UCL, St Andrews or going to UMelbourne in Australia. Might also reapply but have to make the grades first.

ReputationRep:
    Economics and management
    New college
    Conditional offer A*AA
    Email
    The most ecstatic I have ever felt 😱😱

ReputationRep:
    I hope you find somewhere that you are extremely happy with and definitely worth your trouble.

Still considering all my options, but probably firming UCL, St Andrews or going to UMelbourne in Australia. Might also reapply but have to make the grades first.
    Melbourne? - wow, that'd be awesome. How is that funded if you don't mind me asking?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Melbourne? - wow, that'd be awesome. How is that funded if you don't mind me asking?
    I am an international student so everywhere is expensive for me anyways :/

Yeah Melbourne

ReputationRep:
    I am an international student so everywhere is expensive for me anyways :/

Yeah Melbourne
    Oh okay. The UK is totally overrated - cold, wet, grey.... You should so go to Melbourne! Anyhow, where's home?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Oh okay. The UK is totally overrated - cold, wet, grey.... You should so go to Melbourne! Anyhow, where's home?
    :rofl: :rofl: I'll keep that in mind when making decisions

Taiwan

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: :rofl: I'll keep that in mind when making decisions

Taiwan
    Well good luck whatever you decide
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Well good luck whatever you decide
    you too hope you check in and tell me how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone!

for those who received offers, if yours was in the form of a letter, what was the size and thickness of your offer letter? did it contain a single sheet or more information about your college/course etc? thanks!

also, congrats to everyone who got this far in the application stage — regardless of the outcome! all the best to you all

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2017

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.