Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A lot of trouble with college's lack of contact and help with separated exams Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

My exams are next week, beginning monday.

I have asked multiple times, as well as being in contact with A.L.S (additional learner support) with help in setting up these arrangements. they were set up no problems last year and I was given plenty of notice for each one.

This year however, there has been no contact at all, emails have been ignored, even from the woman at als who is trying to help me sort these issues out.

It has gotten to the weekend before the exams and there is just no word at all!

I will be complaining once this week is over, but is there any advice anyone can offer?

I had an argument with the course head before we broke up for xmas holidays, where she said "the college cant provide for your needs"

Based on the fact that they did last year, and the fact that the college was happy to take my money whilst knowing I was a disabled student, theyve just left me to just sit in an exam with other people. Which I have doctors and counsellors advice that this does absolutely destroy my ability to think at all.

Im worried the college will just mark my exam as a U if I refuse to go into the exam room.

HELP!!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Why can't the college provide for your needs? They have to, unless they can justify it.

Your student union might be able to advise you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Why can't the college provide for your needs? They have to, unless they can justify it.

(Original post by Tiger Rag)

Hi! sorry for the late reply, Im really crap with coming back to my threads! thanks so much for your advice. The situation is still not good, but I am getting there!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.