Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Y'all are perfect - The Body Positivity Master Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, so a major goal of mine this year is to become completely comfortable with my own body as it is.

I'm hoping this thread can be a place where we can share the positivity, and talk about the things that we do like about ourselves, rather than the things we don't.

If you feel that you struggle with body image, try posting just one thing (or more if you can!) that you like about yourself. Hopefully, with time, we'll be able to keep coming back and adding more!

2017 is officially the year to start loving yourself:heart:

ReputationRep:
    I think this kind of thing can be a bit dangerous because severely under/overweight people get into the mind set that they are fine with the way they are, but really they are destroying their body and eventually themselves and other people's lives.

ReputationRep:
    I like my eyes I suppose

ReputationRep:
    I'll never be satisfied until I reach my goal stats. Even then I'll probably be within 10lbs of reaching it and I'd have already moved the goalposts, happens every time :lol:

ReputationRep:
    This thread makes me laugh, the thought that I am not perfect is what drives me, if I was happy to be a bum I would never lift, would have smoked weed rather than going to school and probably masturbate on trains.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    I think this kind of thing can be a bit dangerous because severely under/overweight people get into the mind set that they are fine with the way they are, but really they are destroying their body and eventually themselves and other people's lives.
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnIndianGuy)
    Who doesn't masturbate on trains? No other way to exploit the irony of a fappening on a Virgin train!
    Get a girl and go have sex on a late night train.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    I like my eyes I suppose
    My eyes are brown, like the colour of...dirt. What colour are your eyes?

However if my eyes were two different colours that would just awesome. Preferably blue and green, something eye-catching but won't scare people away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    Get a girl and go have sex on a late night train.
    Is that legal where you're from? Just asking for future...reference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne Dagenhart)
    Is that legal where you're from? Just asking for future...reference.
    No, don't do it kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    No, don't do it kids.
    OK, but what if, hypothetically, one were to purchase all the seats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne Dagenhart)
    OK, but what if, hypothetically, one were to purchase all the seats?
    That would be one pricey shag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fergijane88)
    Hey guys, so a major goal of mine this year is to become completely comfortable with my own body as it is.

I'm hoping this thread can be a place where we can share the positivity, and talk about the things that we do like about ourselves, rather than the things we don't.

If you feel that you struggle with body image, try posting just one thing (or more if you can!) that you like about yourself. Hopefully, with time, we'll be able to keep coming back and adding more!

2017 is officially the year to start loving yourself
    In my opinion, because of social media and the constant bombardment of ads we are exposed to thousands and thousands of people who look a hundred times better than us. It is inevitable that some of us would grow self-conscious and start comparing our physical appearance with that of...whoever is trending at the moment. And I think body positivity might be a counter to that. However, we should all strive for a balanced diet and a healthy body in order to feel good about ourselves.

Anyway, that's my two pence on the issue and I hope your thread works out.

ReputationRep:
    I totally love this idea ! It took me a long time to love ma self after an accident I had where I was burnt . I have scars now forever, so if anyone needs to talk about feeling down I gotcuuu x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.