Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How often should a young couple have sex a week after the Honey-Moon Period? Watch

How often should a young couple, in a long-term relationship, living together, of ages 18-25 have sex a week after the Honey-Moon Period (1 year+)?

I would say 3 times a week, your thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How often should a young couple, in a long-term relationship, living together, of ages 18-25 have sex a week after the Honey-Moon Period (1 year+)?

7 times .

ReputationRep:
    If you don't see each other every day then every time you see each other :P
    If you see each other every day/ live together then I agree, minimum 3 is healthy!!

ReputationRep:
    In a week? 14.

Jk. Depends on the couple, some people just aren't as interested in sex as others. There's no right or wrong answer, everyone to their own y'know

ReputationRep:
    You're asking a bunch of horny students how often couples 'should' have sex?

I suspect if you were to poll full-time working young adults the result would be wildly different.

ReputationRep:
    i mean it depends on the couple- itll be different for everyone :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fergijane88)
    In a week? 14.

Jk. Depends on the couple, some people just aren't as interested in sex as others. There's no right or wrong answer, everyone to their own y'know
    Haha I was gonna go with 14- every morning and night cus what better way to start and end the day? But then I read the after 1 year+ bit and figured they might have gotten somewhat bored with each other at that point/spend half the week fighting and not talking anyway so gotta be realistic!

(Original post by Reue)
    You're asking a bunch of horny students how often couples 'should' have sex?

I suspect if you were to poll full-time working young adults the result would be wildly different.
    Yeah I'm starting to realise that now reading the comments...

Especially the one saying "After 1+ year they'd be bored of eachother and argue half the time".
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Been married 4 years, usually 2 or 3 times during term time but more when we're both on holiday.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with 3 times a week. Usually by the time your living together, with the sex on tap opportunity that theoretically presents, sex drive mismatch has reared its ugly head and one are other side is up for it only weekly or even less.

ReputationRep:
    don't think there's a 'should' about it, depends on each couple - even people who are living together may have mismatched schedules with work/study, people may be tired and overworked and some people's sex drives just differ

some couples will be happy with once a week or less and others will think less than daily is unthinkable
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    It'll vary from couple to couple but I've been with my partner for eight years now and sometimes, we have sex every few days, then other times its maybe once a fortnight or maybe not even any sex for a couple of months. Life happens - you are busy, you get ill, sometimes you just aren't in the mood etc. As long as we are affectionate every day and do other things we enjoy together such as gaming, have days out etc, which we do, I couldn't care less about how often we have sex as to us, the relationship is about more than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I couldn't care less about how often we have sex as to us, the relationship is about more than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not to be overly personal, but would the inverse be true then? If you're not bothered about how often, would you be ok if he wanted it twice a day?

ReputationRep:
    Honey moon period of a year?

If only I'd be so lucky.

ReputationRep:
    Each to their own right , some might do it once a week and be cool with it . Others every day. Just do what's best for U gurl x

ReputationRep:
    There is no 'should' to having sex. I know people who have sex two-three times a day during the weekend, but in my relationship (of two and a third years), we've never had sex and have explicitly said on multiple occasions that we never want to.

ReputationRep:
    It varies not only between couples but also within couples across time. We vary from 0 to >7. Over the last year, I would say on average 2.5 times.

It is a function of how stressed she is and how much time I've been left on my own with a computer.

There is no 'should' about it. Even within couples, sex will go up and down. That is normal.

ReputationRep:
    As often you and your partner like

ReputationRep:
    No 'should' but from experience when I lived with my ex of 3 years, it was a few times a week.

(Original post by Anonymous)

I didn't know the honeymoon period was this clearly defined - or this long. I've only ever really heard it said to be around three months, depending on the couple and on the individuals.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.