Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    First of all, let me explain the background story.

There is 5 of us in the flat, 3 females/2 males, just moved in in September 2016. Lets appoint all of us as A,B,C (Females) and Y,Z(Males).

A,B and C are/were friends who knew each other for almost a year and so decided to live together. Come October 2016, C indirectly calls out A for various reasons in front of flatmates's friends.

Reasons:
    - C constantly pointed out that A is always on her laptop doing non-academic stuffs like online shopping
    - C has loudly expresses several times that her course is much more tedious, useful and challenging than what A is studying

So after a while, A is baffled as to why C is saying hurtful things when A has not said even one word to discourage C. When A found out that C had failed 2 modules from her 2nd year, A encouraged her told her to work harder and reminded her to have a balanced life with studies and fun. Whatever help C needed with, A never had second thoughts and just helped.

A ends up confronting C about it and it ends up with A ignoring C after that as C defends herself saying that she was just joking.

A decides to let B, Y and Z know about the situation a week or so later. They said they are fine with it.

2 months later, C is looking to move out for unknown reasons (Moving in with bf? Flatmate issues? Moving in with sister on campus?)
    Z comes back from Christmas break and immediately expresses his unhappiness with how A and Z aren't talking and ignoring each other. Z further accuses A of being disrespectful towards C by ignoring her and says A is being childish. Z wants to have a flat meeting and make A and C bury the hatchet. A doesn't see the reason why Z is so concerned about A and C's issue.

Let me list down some reasons on why all of us get annoyed with C's habits at home:
    - Left her pot with leftover cooked beans for 1 week and Z decided to clean it
    - Hasn't lift a finger to throw recycling trash nor the main bin even once
    - Leaves pots/pans on stove, thus taking up space
    - Leaves utensils/plates/bowls in the sink for days

Questions:
    - Is it A's fault for C leaving? Z messages C but C hasn't replied so how could Z assume that it is A's fault?
    - What right does Z have by insisting on A and C make up?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, to hell with C. Just let her move out would be my advice, sounds like you'd be much better off without her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Len Goodman)
    Yeah, to hell with C. Just let her move out would be my advice, sounds like you'd be much better off without her.
    But how do I deal with Z now? I feel hurt and betrayed. I have always helped him out without a second thought when he runs out of things especially. He is untidy and so sometimes leaves the kitchen table dirty and full of dirt and I always wipe it away as I need the table. Y used to do it too until I told him nicely just once and he has stopped, lovely guy! I did told Z once too and he gets clean for a few days before reverting back to his old habits.

Z strongly claimed during the heated conversation "This kitchen table is mine too so I can leave it dirty if I want to".

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that was like an algebra excercise.

Let C move out, seems like she's causing the problems.
    Hmm, maybe Z has some alterior motives when it comes to C, only thing I can think of lol
    Try to accept that Z will be messy, some people can't help it (unfortunetely ugh)
    Sounds like a tough situation, I'd just keep quiet and wait for it all to boil over!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fergijane88)
    Wow, that was like an algebra excercise.

Let C move out, seems like she's causing the problems.
    Hmm, maybe Z has some alterior motives when it comes to C, only thing I can think of lol
    Try to accept that Z will be messy, some people can't help it (unfortunetely ugh)
    Sounds like a tough situation, I'd just keep quiet and wait for it all to boil over!
    I hope she does soon. That reminds me, Z actually said "If the next person who moves in fights with you, I am going to complain to the reception." Like I am sorry, I did not start the issue?

I have learnt to close one eye to Z's mess by now but sometimes just gets onto my nerves. But I never say it out. I mean after a long day in uni, I just wanna come home, out my stuffs on the table and cook happily.

I am just gonna keep quiet for now. Didn't realise Z will actually accuse me when he doesn't even know why C is moving out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.