Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why people still give homosexuals a hard time? They don't even cause any harm. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    No, it's not legal, even if the LGBT community requested it. The constitution says that only marriages between the opposite sex are recognized as ''family''.
    It seriously says that?

Gangster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Yeah, it's sad really. I hope it changes in the future.
    I think eventually it will, but yeah people will have to wait a long time.

I mean to date, no country at all in Asia, the most populous continent, allows gay marriage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    I am bisexual yes.
    can't remember if I posted this cos I left the tab open but do your parents know
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    can't remember if I posted this cos I left the tab open but do your parents know
    Nope, they won't know unless I bring home a girl which is unlikely given I fall for straight girls
    • Political Ambassador

It seriously says that?

Gangster.
    Lol, yeah. Apparently that's how they're trying to protect the concept of a ''traditional Romanian family''.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello -goodbye)
    I honestly don't get it
    Because they have negative externalities in consumption

They will bring God's wrath upon the rest of us by having sex

ReputationRep:
    Nope, they won't know unless I bring home a girl which is unlikely given I fall for straight girls
    Surely there's gay girls you like. I know a few butch lesbians and "lipstick" bi girls who are right laughs.

(Original post by EC)
    Lol, yeah. Apparently that's how they're trying to protect the concept of a ''traditional Romanian family''.
    Well they have that right to conserve tradition. No one is entitled to accept anyone even though it's "better" that way. As long as gays aren't getting boxed across the head for the hell of it I struggle to see the problem.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Surely there's gay girls you like. I know a few butch lesbians and "lipstick" bi girls who are right laughs.

Well they have that right to conserve tradition. No one is entitled to accept anyone even though it's "better" that way. As long as gays aren't getting boxed across the head for the hell of it I struggle to see the problem.
    They are either taken or just up for a fling and nothing serious (the ones I know) but tbh I'm not fussed if I date a girl or a guy.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    They are either taken or just up for a fling and nothing serious (the ones I know) but tbh I'm not fussed if I date a girl or a guy.
    Or you just zone them :rofl:

But I sister zoned you first, don't forget.

ReputationRep:
    might be right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Some people just feel really threatened by those who are fabulous.
    I do. I think a minority's being ostentatiously "fabulous" isn't helping most gay people and I'd be peeved at if gay. If heterosexuals were a minority group still to some extent struggling for mainstream acceptance, I'd be unhappy at straight-pride festivals that put sex rather than sexuality front and centre. Most gay men don't dress in fetish gear, cross dress, have ostrich feathers stuck in their bums or incessantly blow whistles. Rather they are architects and statisticians called Timothy. It's only weird even in-group.

Something else that's not helping is the iterative alphabet soup of it. Gay men are sexually attracted to men and gay women to women. I cannot see that either group has very much in common with transgender people or 'gender queers' or 'intersex' or 'panromantics' or whatever the **** it is beyond their being statistical minorities and to differing extents marginalised. So just as gay people are winning their battles they get hamstrung by association with these groups that have a lot further to go with regard to understanding and acceptance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Gay marriage is very much not legalised in the majority of the EU. It is only Western Europe that really has it, and even then that doesn't include Germany because Angela Merkel's party are a piece of ****.

This map is Europe not EU but ye

That map has changed from June 2015. Now it's like that .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    I do. I think a minority's being ostentatiously "fabulous" isn't helping most gay people and I'd be peeved at if gay. If heterosexuals were a minority group still to some extent struggling for mainstream acceptance, I'd be unhappy at straight-pride festivals that put sex rather than sexuality front and centre. Most gay men don't dress in fetish gear, cross dress, have ostrich feathers stuck in their bums or incessantly blow whistles. Rather they are architects and statisticians called Timothy. It's only weird even in-group.

Something else that's not helping is the iterative alphabet soup of it. Gay men are sexually attracted to men and gay women to women. I cannot see that either group has very much in common with transgender people or 'gender queers' or 'intersex' or 'panromantics' or whatever the **** it is beyond their being statistical minorities and to differing extents marginalised. So just as gay people are winning their battles they get hamstrung by association with these groups that have a lot further to go with regard to understanding and acceptance.
    I see what you mean but I appreciate the overt gays because it's better than covert gays. Nothing like being mates with someone "normal" and then he grabs your bum or says look good in those jeans.

ReputationRep:
    "ostrich feathers stuck in their bums"

ReputationRep:
    I see what you mean but I appreciate the overt gays because it's better than covert gays. Nothing like being mates with someone "normal" and then he grabs your bum or says look good in those jeans.
    I can't actually tell if you're being jokey or if you're genuinely a moron?

ReputationRep:
    This never happened.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    From what I've seen, it's usually the religious people and/or old people that seem to have a problem with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    From what I've seen, it's usually the religious people and/or old people that seem to have a problem with it
    Omg how dare you. You will soon feel the wrath of ISOC.

ReputationRep:
    What a bunch of weirdos, like who will accept homosexuality.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Omg how dare you. You will soon feel the wrath of ISOC.
    S a v e.
    M e.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.