The Student Room Group

Why people still give homosexuals a hard time? They don't even cause any harm.

Scroll to see replies

personally I dislike people who are gay and very flamboyant,I cant stand things like drag and dressing very odd and revealing, I also feel that a good portion of gays are very flamboyant and in your face and many of them being gay is their main personality, I have no problem with gays being gay and just living life normally. I know quite a few people who feel the same.

This is the main reason I dislike gay pride events. in my eyes it should be dont ask dont tell for most of the time.

If your sexuality defines you heavily as a person I normally dislike you.
To sum it up I dont mind gays who act normally and happen to be gay.
no harm in being gay at all. there so much hate in the world. let people love in the way they want to. my sister is gay I know how it feels. people judge her because she is Pakistani
Original post by sleepysnooze
because some people are members of a certain religion

not all the time although yh mostly
It's because of dem' traditional family values, innit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because people are saddos and need to bring others down to feel better about themselves.
Reply 45
Some people like to poke their noses into other people's business and mould society into what they believe an ideal society is. And while homosexuality doesn't hurt anyone at all, religious loons and social conservatives don't like two men/two women being in a happy relationship with one another because they think it either 'goes against the wishes of God/Allah/Spaghetti Monster' or that it's 'unnatural'. It's absolutely ridiculous and laughable how angry people get over seeing gay couples.
And everyone dislikes bisexuals because we get the best of both worlds wkwkwk

Spoiler

Original post by Rhythmical
Nope, they won't know unless I bring home a girl which is unlikely given I fall for straight girls :colonhash:

I FEELLLLL, I read a post asking if gay girls would date a bisexual girl, and majority said no. Like...bruh. A friend of mine had a really bad experience with a bi-curious girl who turned out to be straight and dumped her, so basically- I am never getting a girlfriend.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by prazzyjazzy
And everyone dislikes bisexuals because we get the best of both worlds wkwkwk

Spoiler

Bisexuals are the beeeeeeeest. :love:
Original post by EC
No, it's not legal, even if the LGBT community requested it. The constitution says that only marriages between the opposite sex are recognized as ''family''.

Wait what? It's constitutionally defined? That's some hard core homophobia :rofl:
Original post by Hello -goodbye
Its a SEXUALITY. Its with in them.
Just like us straights.

So why many people, refusing to be more understanding and educate themselves.

I honestly don't get it
Their

Human ignorance.
People are afraid of what they don't understand, and when people are afraid, they get angry.
Original post by EC
Bisexuals are the beeeeeeeest. :love:

Yes I a- I mean...We are :biggrin:
Reply 53
Original post by Abdukazam
Wait what? It's constitutionally defined? That's some hard core homophobia :rofl:

Well. It described marriage as "a consensual union between spouses" and in 2013 they said they want it to be a more restrictive form describing it "as a union between a man and a woman alone" so completely banning same-sex marriage. I don't if they succeeded because there's a lawsuit right now, a Romanian man wanted to marry an American and couldn't do it. But the case will be in 2017.
Original post by prazzyjazzy
I FEELLLLL, I read a post asking if gay girls would date a bisexual girl, and majority said no. Like...bruh. A friend of mine had a really bad experience with a bi-curious girl who turned out to be straight and dumped her, so basically- I am never getting a girlfriend.

So true. I've had people tell me that because I'm bisexual I'm indecisive and should choose one gender, that's not how it works. What urks me is that sometimes we don't fit in, we aren't 'gay' enough and not 'straight' enough. Lol and the worst part is everyone always expects a bisexual to cheat smh :colonhash:
Original post by AperfectBalance
personally I dislike people who are gay and very flamboyant,I cant stand things like drag and dressing very odd and revealing, I also feel that a good portion of gays are very flamboyant and in your face and many of them being gay is their main personality, I have no problem with gays being gay and just living life normally. I know quite a few people who feel the same.

This is the main reason I dislike gay pride events. in my eyes it should be dont ask dont tell for most of the time.

Maybe you don't like them because they aren't acting straight.... they are acting what they are: gay. So you accept gays that act like straight people, so basically you don't accept gays?
Original post by ProbablyJade
Maybe you don't like them because they aren't acting straight.... they are acting what they are: gay. So you accept gays that act like straight people, so basically you don't accept gays?

But most gay men don't do that. Are these, the statistical majority, 'acting'? I think they're just being themselves, which is the same as everyone else except in the bedroom.

What the other bloke said is right: people who are importantly defined by their sexuality and sex-lives make for boring company. The breathy flirt showing a lot of cleavage, "ooh I'm a right one, me”. A right pain in the arse, yes.
Original post by sleepysnooze
because some people are members of a certain religion

Christianity?
Original post by ProbablyJade

I accept gays that act like norma people. Acting normal is not acting straight, I know gays that act normal and some that dont.

Gay means being attracted to men (if you are a man) not being flamboyant and letting your sexuality define you
Original post by AperfectBalance

Same I know what you mean those people who have to bring up their sexuality everytime they have a chance. I don't like those drag queen flamboyant gays too, with the OTT Hand Gestures and whatnot. I think thats what most people hate not somene whos normal but is just gay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending