Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why people still give homosexuals a hard time? They don't even cause any harm. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    personally I dislike people who are gay and very flamboyant,I cant stand things like drag and dressing very odd and revealing, I also feel that a good portion of gays are very flamboyant and in your face and many of them being gay is their main personality, I have no problem with gays being gay and just living life normally. I know quite a few people who feel the same.

This is the main reason I dislike gay pride events. in my eyes it should be dont ask dont tell for most of the time.

If your sexuality defines you heavily as a person I normally dislike you.
    To sum it up I dont mind gays who act normally and happen to be gay.
    Maybe you don't like them because they aren't acting straight.... they are acting what they are: gay. So you accept gays that act like straight people, so basically you don't accept gays?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProbablyJade)
    Maybe you don't like them because they aren't acting straight.... they are acting what they are: gay. So you accept gays that act like straight people, so basically you don't accept gays?
    But most gay men don't do that. Are these, the statistical majority, 'acting'? I think they're just being themselves, which is the same as everyone else except in the bedroom.

What the other bloke said is right: people who are importantly defined by their sexuality and sex-lives make for boring company. The breathy flirt showing a lot of cleavage, "ooh I'm a right one, me”. A right pain in the arse, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    because some people are members of a certain religion
    Christianity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProbablyJade)
    I accept gays that act like norma people. Acting normal is not acting straight, I know gays that act normal and some that dont.

Gay means being attracted to men (if you are a man) not being flamboyant and letting your sexuality define you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    personally I dislike people who are gay and very flamboyant,I cant stand things like drag and dressing very odd and revealing, I also feel that a good portion of gays are very flamboyant and in your face and many of them being gay is their main personality, I have no problem with gays being gay and just living life normally. I know quite a few people who feel the same.

This is the main reason I dislike gay pride events. in my eyes it should be dont ask dont tell for most of the time.

If your sexuality defines you heavily as a person I normally dislike you.
    To sum it up I dont mind gays who act normally and happen to be gay.
    Same I know what you mean those people who have to bring up their sexuality everytime they have a chance. I don't like those drag queen flamboyant gays too, with the OTT Hand Gestures and whatnot. I think thats what most people hate not somene whos normal but is just gay.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.