Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I am an international student applying for law in the UK in 2017. My choices are as follow:
    1. LSE
    2. UCL
    3. KCL
    4. Durham
    5.Bristol

I just submitted my UCAS application on 31st Dec 2016 and did my LNAT on 3rd Jan 2017.
    I just received a rejection from Bristol yest, but was also offered alternative courses such as criminology and social policy. I'd like to know what are the implications of such an early rejection and what are my chances for the remaining universities.

PS: I do not know my predicted grades or my LNAT scores

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mignightsun98)
    Hi everyone, I am an international student applying for law in the UK in 2017. My choices are as follow:
    1. LSE
    2. UCL
    3. KCL
    4. Durham
    5.Bristol

I just submitted my UCAS application on 31st Dec 2016 and did my LNAT on 3rd Jan 2017.
    I just received a rejection from Bristol yest, but was also offered alternative courses such as criminology and social policy. I'd like to know what are the implications of such an early rejection and what are my chances for the remaining universities.

I think that people on TSR will be most interested in knowing your grades, and what you think you got in the LNAT. That, I suspect, will play a big role in why you got rejected so early, unless something atrocious happened in your personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    1. LSE
    2. UCL
    3. KCL
    4. Durham
    5.Bristol

Bristol is probably the least selective out of your choices. However, it could be something that particularly Bristol does not like. But honestly, seeing the offer rate (70%) at Bristol, I would not be very confident about your other choices..

ReputationRep:
    1. LSE
    2. UCL
    3. KCL
    4. Durham
    5.Bristol

what were your AS grades? (if you do a levels)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mieleki)
    Bristol is probably the least selective out of your choices. However, it could be something that particularly Bristol does not like. But honestly, seeing the offer rate (70%) at Bristol, I would not be very confident about your other choices..
    Where did you find the info on the offer rate in Law from Bristol? What are the offer rates from other units?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vnupe)
    Where did you find the info on the offer rate in Law from Bristol? What are the offer rates from other units?

Which Uni i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vnupe)
    http://university.which.co.uk/univer...00-m100-426219

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.