Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a group of friends that were girls and all my guy friends and them would have been good friends growing up and we all live near each other at uni, but my girlfriend doesn't like the girls and after a while I basically just stopped interacting with them, I miss them and they are just friends to me. I am worried because I'm realising that if i could rewind time I would have put my foot down and just stayed friends with them, my girlfriend is very argumentative and always argues with me when she's drunk, I really worry about nights out in case she wants to come too. I have anxiety problems anyway and I feel like this is adding so much stress to my life. I also feel like i'm missing out on time to find myself and experience university properly by being tied down with a relationship. Its like I feel like I would be happier and better without her but I love her so much and genuinely do have an amazing time with her most of the time. We've been together for 3 years and I am 2nd year in uni.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by NiallBelfast)
    I have a group of friends that were girls and all my guy friends and them would have been good friends growing up and we all live near each other at uni, but my girlfriend doesn't like the girls and after a while I basically just stopped interacting with them, I miss them and they are just friends to me. I am worried because I'm realising that if i could rewind time I would have put my foot down and just stayed friends with them, my girlfriend is very argumentative and always argues with me when she's drunk, I really worry about nights out in case she wants to come too. I have anxiety problems anyway and I feel like this is adding so much stress to my life. I also feel like i'm missing out on time to find myself and experience university properly by being tied down with a relationship. Its like I feel like I would be happier and better without her but I love her so much and genuinely do have an amazing time with her most of the time. We've been together for 3 years and I am 2nd year in uni.
    You shouldn't stop seeing your friends just because you have a girlfriend, you are still allowed a life, if she don't like it then is she really worth it.

ReputationRep:
    you need to take a stand. make sure she knows you love her alot, tell her you will do everything for her . have you ever proved that you would never cheat on her? she may be insecure.
    convey the message yo her that you are losing yourself act anxious and nervous. say that you need social interaction to make yourself better. Say that you feel disappointed, caged not flourishing you need to grow. need to deal with situation and people start with friends trust me.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps a bit of straight talking to address the fundamental issues. Perhaps in fact it's run its course and it would be best to take a hard decision and move on.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.