Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend and I had dry sex through underwear - could I be pregnant? Watch

Hi everyone! A couple of days ago, my boyfriend and I had dry sex through our underwear. The tip of his penis was on/near my vaginal opening as he was humping me. I think he either came or had precum that might have gotten my panties wet along with myself. I slept in those panties that night and wore them back home the next day. I forgot to take my birth control pill that night, too. Today we also had dry sex but I did not have underwear on, but he did, and he just rubbed the tip of his penis near my clit and not near my vagina. Is there a way I could be pregnant from this? I'm really worried, especially since I slept in those panties the other day.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi everyone! A couple of days ago, my boyfriend and I had dry sex through our underwear. The tip of his penis was on/near my vaginal opening as he was humping me. I think he either came or had precum that might have gotten my panties wet along with myself. I slept in those panties that night and wore them back home the next day. I forgot to take my birth control pill that night, too. Today we also had dry sex but I did not have underwear on, but he did, and he just rubbed the tip of his penis near my clit and not near my vagina. Is there a way I could be pregnant from this? I'm really worried, especially since I slept in those panties the other day.
    It's unlikely but if you re concerned then you could still take the morning after pill at this point.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    'A couple of days ago' probably means too late for the morning after pill, which needs to be taken within 72 hours. Given you're using a pill anyway, it'd also be pointless. If you're taking the pill reliably, all of this is safe.

If you're not, it depends on what sort of pill it is: a progesterone-only 'mini pill' you're supposed to take every day, or a combined one where you have a week off. The first one is riskier to miss, but which ever one it was, did you follow the instructions in the pack?

But even so, this is not going to be very risky. It does sound as if it's riskier than you'd like though - have you thought about something like the implant, which is extremely reliable in part because you don't need to remember to take it every day?

(Original post by unprinted)
    'A couple of days ago' probably means too late for the morning after pill, which needs to be taken within 72 hours. Given you're using a pill anyway, it'd also be pointless. If you're taking the pill reliably, all of this is safe.

If you're not, it depends on what sort of pill it is: a progesterone-only 'mini pill' you're supposed to take every day, or a combined one where you have a week off. The first one is riskier to miss, but which ever one it was, did you follow the instructions in the pack?

But even so, this is not going to be very risky. It does sound as if it's riskier than you'd like though - have you thought about something like the implant, which is extremely reliable in part because you don't need to remember to take it every day?
    I did take the pill I missed that next morning and another pill that night. And my pills are the kind where I take one every day for 21 days and then have a week off for my period, but for the last month I waited two weeks to start my new pack (that I started on Sunday), which is what has me worried.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    A two weeks gap (why??) means you were covered for the first week's break and then after a week of restarting taking them = two weeks not covered, the second week break and the first week of restarting.

Assuming that missed pill wasn't in that first week, you will have been covered despite missing it because you did the right thing in a) taking it as soon as you noticed, b) that was within 24 hours, and c) you took the next one normally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

NO stop worrying

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.