Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so my As exams start in May, roughly 126 days left. I do Biology,Chemistry,Psychology and English Literature. I have been revising since day one from September. However, my grades are still bad. I am so stressed what do i do? I have about 3-4months left, do you think there is still time for me to revise and improve my grades??????

ReputationRep:
    There is always time to improve your grades. If you have been revising since September then it is obviously something about technique that is the problem. Try and figure out what the issue is there to try and retain/understand the information and your grades should go up. If not that, perhaps it is exam technique so discuss with your teachers and ask for feedback on assessments you've done.

(Original post by inmyownzone)
      Okay so my As exams start in May, roughly 126 days left. I do Biology,Chemistry,Psychology and English Literature. I have been revising since day one from September. However, my grades are still bad. I am so stressed what do i do? I have about 3-4months left, do you think there is still time for me to revise and improve my grades??????
      Yes, there is always time. I would recommend going to all your teachers and tell them what they want you to do. And explain how you are working hard and yet your grades are not improving. Remember it is quality over quantity on how much revision to do. No point doing 4 hours revision consistently as after the first 30 minutes your brain needs some time to absorb that information in (maybe a 5 minute break to absorb). What are your techniques to revision? unfortunately as I take no science subjects I wouldn't know the best way for you to revise. But they say past papers are always a good way, spider diagrams. Don't just read! And even when you write notes, if they're not in a more fun and creative way of revision then it won't go in. Try not to stress, I know it's hard. But try to relax a bit. Also if you're are stressed that won't help with revising and will decrease energy levels etc.

Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Aaron2515)
      Yes, there is always time. I would recommend going to all your teachers and tell them what they want you to do. And explain how you are working hard and yet your grades are not improving. Remember it is quality over quantity on how much revision to do. No point doing 4 hours revision consistently as after the first 30 minutes your brain needs some time to absorb that information in (maybe a 5 minute break to absorb). What are your techniques to revision? unfortunately as I take no science subjects I wouldn't know the best way for you to revise. But they say past papers are always a good way, spider diagrams. Don't just read! And even when you write notes, if they're not in a more fun and creative way of revision then it won't go in. Try not to stress, I know it's hard. But try to relax a bit. Also if you're are stressed that won't help with revising and will decrease energy levels etc.

Hope this helped
      Hi thanks so much for the advice, my grades are mostly E's D's. Then i kind of changed the way i revised and i got a B and a C in Chem, then a D in Bio and an A in psychology and a C in english lit. What i did was more past papers. However, i find it so difficult to remember content. And like do you really think i have time to improve, the stress is killing me.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by retardis)
      There is always time to improve your grades. If you have been revising since September then it is obviously something about technique that is the problem. Try and figure out what the issue is there to try and retain/understand the information and your grades should go up. If not that, perhaps it is exam technique so discuss with your teachers and ask for feedback on assessments you've done.
      Do you really think there is time to improve, all of my teachers tell me you have no time at all lets just hope you get a C in the exam, And i know i am capable in doing more than it, Like in Gcses every test i would do i would never get below a B.But its a levels lol

Do you really think there is time to improve, all of my teachers tell me you have no time at all lets just hope you get a C in the exam, And i know i am capable in doing more than it, Like in Gcses every test i would do i would never get below a B.But its a levels lol
        Yes they say that. Last year I got all Ds in the mocks and they arranged a meeting saying how worried they were. Like the most you could get is a B and if that probably all Cs. I got AABB. You are capable of more and say to them I want whatever grade badly. What do I have to do!

A Levels are hard. But they're not impossible and it does mean from now to the exams to start regularly revising.

Just replied to the wrong one sorry

[QUOTE=inmyownzone;69416440]Hi thanks so much for the advice, my grades are mostly E's D's. Then i kind of changed the way i revised and i got a B and a C in Chem, then a D in Bio and an A in psychology and a C in english lit. What i did was more past papers. However, i find it so difficult to remember content. And like do you really think i have time to improve, the stress is killing me.[/QUOTE

You're welcome. That's good. So there has been improvement. Right for content wise, is the only skill I have. Although I take Art/Humanity subjects. My method of revision is simple: spider diagrams. I mean every topic or Sub-topic I read it and then my form of notes is creating and designing spider diagrams. When I come to re-revise my spider diagrams. I have all the information for that topic on one page. As I get given so many different sheets, books etc. Condensed down to these spider diagrams. I mean it works for me personally. Or people say flash cards, but. I don't bother and only use that method.

ReputationRep:
            Teachers are these amazing people who are supposed to support you but yet end up making statements like those. They can't really turn round and say you can do it because if you don't, you could turn round and blame them. Ask the many people on here who have surpassed their predicted grades for one. If you are determined to improve your grades and put in the effort I'm sure you can do it, as I said have a look over your revision techniques and start doing effective revision, I'm sure you will be fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          What newspaper do you read/prefer?
          Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.