Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Old school friend turns up and seems a bit keen Watch

I basically published something online the other day, about awkward moments where you recognise someone from your past, but you don't exchange words.

This led to a female friend (well I use that term loosely- might as well be strangers!), messaging me out of the blue "hey I read your thing, and it got me thinking- just wondered if you remembered me?"

Obviously, I do although my memories are somewhat vague. I spoke with her in class, and last time I saw her was 15 years ago.

It just seems a bit odd she contact me out the blue, off the back of that when it wasn't about her. However, she seems very chatty and keen and has complemented me after I said I was the sort that good bullied, she relied with she thought I was interesting and that all the immature people didn't respect that.

She is a lovely girl, however, she's married with a 2 year old child and has a house. We're both settled, but the way she messages me, it's like very in depth long responses, you couldn't mistake that she wasn't interested on some level.

Maybe she just finds me very good to talk too, she's lonely or is bored of her marriage. But I can't put my finger on it.

What does she want with me?

ReputationRep:
    just slowly stop talking to her lol, unless you wanna meet up with the fam? awkwarrrrrrddd

(Original post by prazzyjazzy)
    just slowly stop talking to her lol, unless you wanna meet up with the fam? awkwarrrrrrddd
    Perhaps she's just incredibly friendly, but even so she's super talkative and her messages are awkwardly long.

She's so easy going to talk to its unreal, but it's the sort of comfort level she should be having with her husband- and not me!

It's just odd she pops up out of nowhere.

Maybe there is nothing in it (and probably isn't), but if your married would you want your partner talking to this extent with a stranger?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.