Ill attach it below, the question is on how Stevenson presents setting
Please could someone read my Jekyll & Hyde essay and grade it for me please? Watch
Last edited by 2771024; 07-01-2017 at 11:06.
- 07-01-2017 11:01
- 07-01-2017 11:06
- 07-01-2017 11:17
Which exam board are you?
Posted from TSR Mobile
- 07-01-2017 11:43
- 07-01-2017 11:49
However, you did include context and attempted to analyse specific words in the quote you pick, but you should also aim to analyse the impact on the reader. On the whole the essay is quite basic and rigid with no perceptive explanations or points.Last edited by CraigBackner; 07-01-2017 at 11:51.
- 07-01-2017 12:33
I would overall give you a grade 5 (possibly low 6)
- Mentioning of language devices
- Covered Context on novel
- focused response on specific words
You are capping you mark because you need to include the following to achieve high marks:
- mention the effect on reader, both the perspectives 19th century and modern reader.
- explain explicitly what you mean when you state a point e.g 'first fog' you said suggested the fog is hiding something from us but there was no explanation why, because of this it it difficult to understand what you mean.
- give alternative ideas to the ones you have mentioned e.g. what else could the 'fog' possibly represent
-mention more language devices where possible
-analyse structure of text also ( grade 8-9 skill when done well)
I hope my advice was useful to you.