Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My sister never admits what she's done wrong Watch

My sister is a year younger than I and she has done many things wrong:

1) She came back home being dropped off by the police because she and her friend acted like a prat on the streets in the city centre.
    2) When she was in her late teens she would come back home crying.
    3) She would act like a silly person with her friends.
    4) She once looked at me and angrily said "at least I can talk properly" I was suffering from a speech problem.
    5) She never spoke to me properly for 7 years, only speaking to me like "WHAATTT". and in an angry manner.
    6) She told my dad to "F off".
    7) She always talked on the phone at night and kept me up.
    8) Sometimes when I talk to her, she just gives one word answers.
    9) She ignored me everytime she seen me out.
    10) When I went to sit next to her or even talk to her she looked at me angrily and talked to me in an angry manner.
    11) She lies at times
    12) I told her I would like to marry someone nice and she goes "what happens if she turns out to be so and so(insert nasty word).
    13) Even now when I said why did that guy come to hour house, she looks at me angrily and talks angrily.

Between the ages of 16-23 for seven years, yes for seven years, she acted like a total brat, she wouldn't even talk to me and made me almost shy of her.

I just told her just now she acted like a total brat when she was young and she said "no she didn't" she said never done anything wrong to me or never acted rude to me which is in fact false.

There was a charity even in September and she looked at me angrily and shouted at me and I told her she was rude at the charity event and she says "what charity event" I wasn't rude to you.

I'm going into a bit of depression and I've sometimes shouted and only recently banged walls. She's saying how I've acted is worser then she's acted in the past, which in fact, she's acted far worser, for tthose 7 years. She did this everyday, I only do this once a week (shouting) for the last 3 months.

I'm acting like this because I've been bullied by my uncle's and aunt's and I'm getting it out.

What the hell, she really did do these things and she's not admitting, why?
    Was her behavior for 7 years worser, or mine?

ReputationRep:
    Try not to let it get to you. Hopefully she'll grow up one day. People don't like to admit the things they did wrong

Thanks for the reply.

It's not 16-23, it's in fact from 15-23 since she was like that from school. There is no exaggeration involved, she acted like a total brat for 8 years and made me scared of even talking to her.

To say she's never done nothing wrong to me and to say "what charity event" is unbelievably lacking integrity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks for the reply.

It's not 16-23, it's in fact from 15-23 since she was like that from school. There is no exaggeration involved, she acted like a total brat for 8 years and made me scared of even talking to her.

To say she's never done nothing wrong to me and to say "what charity event" is unbelievably lacking integrity.
    I know what it's like to live with a sibling who hates your guts for no reason, my older brother is like that and it kind of really sucks. Sadly, sometimes it just really doesn't work out the way you want it to - I don't really contact my brother anymore, as he's never really made an effort to sit down and have a good talk with me and I've kind of decided that that kind of negative energy is something that I don't need in my life.

If he's at family events or something I will make my best effort to be nice to him, but because he can't be bothered to talk to me I usually just stay away.

It may sound harsh, but if she's really making you that much trouble and you can't really deal with it anymore, then you don't have to. Siblings often aren't really friends, and when you get older you grow apart anyway. Just make your best effort to be nice, but just keep in mind that you don't have to be her punching bag.
    • Political Ambassador

Maybe she didn't realize that her behavior was wrong because she was acting like that for a long time.

So she peobably thought it's ok to do it, especially if you didn't tell her that it upset you at that moment.

Just because you're related, it doesn't mean you're compelled to like each other or enjoy spending time with each other.

It's clear you're very different people and you should just let her live her life and you should go about yours.

I'm in a very similar situation but with the roles reversed (I'm the "brat" in this instance), and the best thing you can do for your sister is to just leave her be.

She's lied again about something she did.

She cannot remember, but I can.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.