Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've got a conditional offer to do an MA at KCL and I'd like to pay the deposit asap.

Does anyone know if the deposit is refundable should you fail to meet the requirements of the offer? Silly question but I can't find anything on it on the web pages.

Thanks!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cran8rook)
    Hi,

I've got a conditional offer to do an MA at KCL and I'd like to pay the deposit asap.

Does anyone know if the deposit is refundable should you fail to meet the requirements of the offer? Silly question but I can't find anything on it on the web pages.

Thanks!
    http://www.kcl.ac.uk/sspp/department.../gradfaqs.aspx

I have received a conditional offer, but not yet paid the deposit. What will happen if I pay the deposit and miss the grade?

When you receive your final results you should send in a scanned copy of your final transcript attached to an online message on your MyApplication account so that the admissions tutor can consider whether he wishes to accept you on the basis of your final transcript. If the decision is no, you should then request in writing (via a message sent on your MyApplication account) a refund of your deposit. Please note that deposits are not refundable generally (see leaflet enclosed in your offer pack) – only in circumstances where the applicant has not met the conditions of their offer and the department does not want to accept based on the applicant’s actual final results. Applicants must put in the request for a return of the deposit in writing if this occurs.
    Not sure which degree you are looking at but that is one example - try finding the equivalent page.

If not, then email them, no harm in asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    http://www.kcl.ac.uk/sspp/department.../gradfaqs.aspx

Not sure which degree you are looking at but that is one example - try finding the equivalent page.

If not, then email them, no harm in asking
    That's actually the relevant faq to my MA! Looks like i really need to step my googling game up, thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.