GCSE AQA English Language 2017 paper 1 question 3 Watch

ReputationRep:
    How can I structure question 5

ReputationRep:
    a 9 was 75 marks on each paper mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kinghamz248)
    a 9 was 75 marks on each paper mate
    You're a retard mate. I got a slip from PIXL themselves that they gave our school along with the marks..

ReputationRep:
    what do u think the grade boundaries will be, for this paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monicagrant)
    I got 7/8 in my last answer to this type of question so can post it on here if anyone wants it? I don't have the text it goes with though, just the question.
    yes please could you post it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zahirul)
    I am struggling with question 3 of paper 1 of English Language. I don't know how to answer the question to get a good. In my test I only got 3 out of 8. The question is-
    'How the writer stuctured the text to interest the reader?' The text will be unseen in the exam. So I was wondering how to structure and explain to the examiner to get high mark of 7-8. Please also give an example of answer of question 3, so I can have better understanding(If possible). Thank you.
    This is how my GCSE Teacher told me.... Question 3 is basically stating why something is placed there.

So like, what we did today in school was an extract from a book I can't remember , the extract was about a girl remembering what her prison used to be like, it used to be a GYM, but in present day (future) it is a prison for women....

I made a point that a GYM is a place where people are free to move, it is a place of movement... But then later on in the extract, there is a mention of restriction and restraint, This links back with the GYM being a place of movement, and the fact that "GYM" was mentioned first, to show what it was in the past to what it is now, which is a place which juxtaposes to what a GYM is...

so you basically just mention what you see, why you see it there and why the Writer has put it there... Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    can you help me on Jamaica inn AQA question 3 I am stuck

ReputationRep:
    Hello I'm new can someone help me on Jamaica Inn question 3 please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monicagrant)
    I got 7/8 in my last answer to this type of question so can post it on here if anyone wants it? I don't have the text it goes with though, just the question.
    Can I see it please

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.