The Student Room Group

Revision techniques to get an A/A*?

I'm studying biology, chemistry and maths at A Level and I really can't find the right revision technique... got BBBB at AS because I didn't know how to revise properly, when I knew I could have got at least one A*

Any tips?
Much appreciated 😊
Hey,
I study Politics, History and English Lit at A-Level so the revision style is probably different but I am aiming for A*AA and I did get an A in Politics AS so I might be able to help. Different things work for everyone but what I've found works for me is finding the exam board specification online and then writing everything I know about the area it says I need to cover on a huge sheet of A3 paper. Having the specification is really reassuring as you know if you've learned everything on the spec you can't have missed anything that may come up in the exam. Another thing that I find really useful is explaining my subject to someone else, I'm lucky in that my mum helps out with my revision a lot by asking me questions and teaching her about what I've studied consolidates my understanding better than anything else. If your parents aren't up to helping you talking it through with a friend who does your subject always helps as there'll be different bits you're stuck on and you can help eachother.
Good luck,
Izzy :smile:
Original post by zeezus
I'm studying biology, chemistry and maths at A Level and I really can't find the right revision technique... got BBBB at AS because I didn't know how to revise properly, when I knew I could have got at least one A*

Any tips?
Much appreciated 😊

Quick Reply

Latest