Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NHS faces humanitarian crisis Watch

ReputationRep:
    Of course there were never long waiting times and minor issues With the NHS under Labour. Oh wait...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Things like A&E waiting times, when you look at the extremes, usually represent a fairly sensible response. You will see stats for people waiting over eight hours and so on: I would hazard a guess that they probably shouldn't be there in the first place and are not emergency cases.
    Yes. We should judge what is going on and design policy based on guesses -____-

(Original post by Lanterne Rouge)
    Of course there were never long waiting times and minor issues With the NHS under Labour. Oh wait...
    Ahhh, that makes it ok then. I thought the Tories were supposed to be better at managing the economy than labour? Cut the deficit, not the NHS and all that. I'll tell the old people being forced to sit on a chair in agony when they should have a bed. I'm sure that will cheer them up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Do you think that underfunding critical health services won't have an effect?

It is reasonable for medical professionals who understand the effects on patients of underfunding resources to point this out.

A lot of "experts" on the economy told us that leaving the EU could cause serious problems for the economy. They also happened to be Remain supporters. Did you ignore what they had to say because they were pointing out the disasters that would ensue if they didn't get their own way?
    But if like Matilda you have been telling such dreadful lies for the last 50 years, it is only to be expected that you will not be believed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Yes. We should judge what is going on and design policy based on guesses -____-
    You're drawing your own conclusions from statistics as much as I am. Raw statistical data tells us very little about performance, and centralised target-chasing ends up leading to a lot of perverse disincentives to improve performance.

ReputationRep:
    MP's father 'died in his arms' after being sent home from hospital A&E 'because there weren't enough beds'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-after-9608347

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.