Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I've missed the meiosis lessons at my school so I'm a tad confused on why the 2 double stranded chromosomes produced post telophase 1 are haploid? If this is haploid, what is the single stranded chromosome per cell after telophase 2?
    According to google: "haploid - (of a cell or nucleus) having a single set of unpaired chromosomes." How are the chromosomes unpaired, or a single set, after meiosis I?
    Thanks in advance, sorry if it's a silly question!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I don't have the time to help right now but I've moved the thread over to Biology for you. Hopefully you'll get more responses here.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.