Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm thinking of switching from a 4 year Maths course (G101) to a 3 year Maths course (G100). I'm currently in Year 2, so will finish Year 2 and then start the final year (Year 3) as a G100 student.

I was told that I need to directly notify Student Finance about changing the course. How do I directly notify SFE of the change in my course? I can't seem to find a way to do it on the online application.

I was also told that the University will complete a change of circumstances form and send it off to SFE to confirm the change of course. I noticed here that if the University notify SFE then my application will be updated (https://www.facebook.com/SFEngland/p...52147412424634). So should I just notify SFE myself directly, or just let the University do it when they confirm the change of circumstances with SFE?

Also this changing of course shouldn't affect my tuition/maintenance loan should it?

Thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randlemcmurphy)
    Hi,
    I'm thinking of switching from a 4 year Maths course (G101) to a 3 year Maths course (G100). I'm currently in Year 2, so will finish Year 2 and then start the final year (Year 3) as a G100 student.

I was told that I need to directly notify Student Finance about changing the course. How do I directly notify SFE of the change in my course? I can't seem to find a way to do it on the online application.

I was also told that the University will complete a change of circumstances form and send it off to SFE to confirm the change of course. I noticed here that if the University notify SFE then my application will be updated (https://www.facebook.com/SFEngland/p...52147412424634). So should I just notify SFE myself directly, or just let the University do it when they confirm the change of circumstances with SFE?

Also this changing of course shouldn't affect my tuition/maintenance loan should it?

Thanks
    When you apply for your funding for the 3rd year enter the details for the 3 year course on the application.

If you switch from the 4 yr to the 3 year course then you'll be entering your final year next year. Final year loans are reduced (because in theory you'll be able to go into work/claim benefits after the end of term and so the bit of your loan to cover the summer holidays will be removed).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    When you apply for your funding for the 3rd year enter the details for the 3 year course on the application.

If you switch from the 4 yr to the 3 year course then you'll be entering your final year next year. Final year loans are reduced (because in theory you'll be able to go into work/claim benefits after the end of term and so the bit of your loan to cover the summer holidays will be removed).
    So on my online account I would have to use the "Re-apply or start another application" button?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randlemcmurphy)
    So on my online account I would have to use the "Re-apply or start another application" button?
    In February/March when applications for 2017/18 funding open apply with the details of the new course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    In February/March when applications for 2017/18 funding open apply with the details of the new course.
    Thanks for your help.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.