Turn on thread page Beta

The society in London watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerChing)
    vodka redbull at a poular st.albans bar = £1, allows me to get pissed using under a tenner, however doesnt have the same central london vibes
    a pound? A POUND!!! I'm *so* living in the wrong place lol

this is the attraction of Student Unions I'm begining to understand it more and more lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red665)
    a pound? A POUND!!! I'm *so* living in the wrong place lol

this is the attraction of Student Unions I'm begining to understand it more and more lol

This is how markets work. I can see no reason why they'd be a demand for redbull therefore it's price drops.

MB

ReputationRep:
    vodka redbull at a poular st.albans bar = £1, allows me to get pissed using under a tenner, however doesnt have the same central london vibes
    Yeh, it's same for that or a bottle of Stella at quite a few places I know.

My favourite mixers are always expensive though!

I love Malibu and Baileys with coke. (The quadruple malibu & coke is my finisher )

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it takes about half an hour, but I was *stupidly* wearing shoes that weren't designed to be walked in, let alone danced in all night. The prospect of taking another step almost reduced me to tears.

Besides, the walk would have taken me past a park which is a bit dodgy in the daytime... at night it's the sort of place that you'd cross over to avoid - only on the other side is an equally scary block of flats lol

Expensive as it was, the cab was oh, so welcome when it pulled up lol

Hooray! I had the 100th post! lol

<so easilly pleased> lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Yeh, it's same for that or a bottle of Stella at quite a few places I know.

My favourite mixers are always expensive though!

I love Malibu and Baileys with coke. (The quadruple malibu & coke is my finisher )
    Malibu AND Baileys?! with Coke?! omg lol - sorry, but that sounds awful! lol then again, I hate Malibu with a passion, so the thought of QUADRUPLE amounts of it in one, URGH :|.

I think the worst drink I've ever seen was a Kronenburg and Baileys mixed. It actually went lumpy. And my mate downed it. Vile. lol

Edit: or, there's the JD and Southern Comfort in the same glass - I serve it to a guy at work all the time. Smells nice, but do not be fooled - it is MINGING! lol

ReputationRep:
    Malibu AND Baileys?! with Coke?! omg lol - sorry, but that sounds awful! lol then again, I hate Malibu with a passion, so the thought of QUADRUPLE amounts of it in one, URGH :|.
    loll so it just me.. after about say 5 really strong drinks any alcoholic mixture just tastes the same, so i would never really know/remember whether any of these tipples was actually good or bad :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    loll so it just me.. after about say 5 really strong drinks any alcoholic mixture just tastes the same, so i would never really know/remember whether any of these tipples was actually good or bad :rolleyes:

LOL - try Tia Maria and Orange - it's gorgeous, tastes like Terry's Chocolate Orange!

Bit ming after 4 though... lol

ReputationRep:
    Ooops, I meant as separate drinks! Malibu + Coke, Baileys + Coke. I've never tried them mixed. Actually, I probably have done this (at a house party ages ago) - but then me and my mate got everything in the cupboard, and poured it into a fruitbowl and mixed! That was horrible - and I think you can guess the end result.
    I think the worst drink I've ever seen was a Kronenburg and Baileys mixed. It actually went lumpy. And my mate downed it. Vile. lol
    :eek: Simply rank. Kronenburg is bad enough on its own!

Edit: or, there's the JD and Southern Comfort in the same glass - I serve it to a guy at work all the time. Smells nice, but do not be fooled - it is MINGING! lol
    I've never tried this!

I quite like Goldlager (sp??? I can't remember the proper name, lol) though - the aniseed flavour shots with bits of 'gold' in them. Mmmm.

ReputationRep:
    LOL - try Tia Maria and Orange - it's gorgeous, tastes like Terry's Chocolate Orange!

ne other good combinations??? and just out of interest ive never had a hangover but have still had many of "experiences" being drunk.

how could i get the worst possible hangover using still the usual drinks that i could get at a bar?? (none of that special concentrated stuff that u can only get in a small dutch village)

ReputationRep:

That's (Tia Maria) been in our cupboard for ages, isn't it coffee flavoured or something? I hate coffee flavoured anything (which isn't a hot drink) - ice cream, liquor, sweets ewww!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=mobbdeeprob]Ooops, I meant as separate drinks! Malibu + Coke, Baileys + Coke. I've never tried them mixed. Actually, I probably have done this (at a house party ages ago) - but then me and my mate got everything in the cupboard, and poured it into a fruitbowl and mixed! That was horrible - and I think you can guess the end result. [\QUOTE]

AHA!! aaah, you see, that makes a LOT more sense lol - I'm so pleased they aren't all mixed in as one lol.

Hehe. aah, but what would a party if there wasn't a fruit bowl mix! (I admit that yes, I've been the one to mix in EVERYTHING before) - I think the best party was where there was a paddling pool, which as the night wore on had not just water in it, but custard powder, gravy and hot chocolate powder too. That *was* an interesting night! lol

ReputationRep:
    Hehe. aah, but what would a party if there wasn't a fruit bowl mix! (I admit that yes, I've been the one to mix in EVERYTHING before) - I think the best party was where there was a paddling pool, which as the night wore on had not just water in it, but custard powder, gravy and hot chocolate powder too. That *was* an interesting night! lol
    only custard powder, gravy and hot chocolate powder!!!!!!

seriously?? thought there would be more stuff lol.. anyway how did gravy make it in there??

ReputationRep:
    ne other good combinations??? and just out of interest ive never had a hangover but have still had many of "experiences" being drunk.

how could i get the worst possible hangover using still the usual drinks that i could get at a bar?? (none of that special concentrated stuff that u can only get in a small dutch village)
    I've only had one tiny hangover in my life, and that was enough! I've not suffered from a hangover since, I've been lucky.

Out of interest, WHY do you want the worst possible hangover?! lol believe me, even the moderate wimpy version I had was bad lol.
    The best ways is to totally mix your drinks. Go with vodka, beer and liqures. And shots. Tequila is the worst in the world, and after about 4 of them, you'll be well on your way. Basically, mix everything up, drink large quantities of everything, and do plenty of shots. And don't eat anything so you get pissed very quickly. And to totally top of the "If the world could just implode now I'd really appreciate it" feeling - only get about 3 hours' sleep Oh, lord I should put a health disclaimer on here somewhere - Here we go;

Be warned though - should you attempt that, there will, I garuntee, be vomiting in large quantites lol. So don't wear your nicest shoes lol.

ReputationRep:
    That's (Tia Maria) been in our cupboard for ages, isn't it coffee flavoured or something? I hate coffee flavoured anything (which isn't a hot drink) - ice cream, liquor, sweets ewww!
    I've never had it on its own so I couldn't say! I don't like the fact that the top of the bottle goes crusty after a while though. Ming mong.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had it on its own so I couldn't say! I don't like the fact that the top of the bottle goes crusty after a while though. Ming mong.
    lol, definitely. You've done barwork then? (Apologies if this sounds random! I just thought you had hinted at it)

ReputationRep:
    only custard powder, gravy and hot chocolate powder!!!!!!

seriously?? thought there would be more stuff lol.. anyway how did gravy make it in there??
    LOL, well - there was the washing up liquid to top it all off. HEHE, gravy made it in there simply because we were raiding my friend's stock cupboard and that's the first thing our drunken hands could grab.

I almost dropped some pasta lumps... oh wait! no! lol we put in some creamy pasta sauce in there too! lol - but yes, I wanted to put in the actual pasta, but someone actually stopped me from doing it lol. Damn them! lol

ReputationRep:
    I've only had one tiny hangover in my life, and that was enough! I've not suffered from a hangover since, I've been lucky.

Out of interest, WHY do you want the worst possible hangover?! lol.
    its just one of those things that you have to do before you are 18/20/30.. jus imagine never having one.. i feel as if im missing out!!!, thing is im not really a heavyweight and get really really tipsy quickly.. and then thats it.. if anything the next day im just really hyper, but never anything unbearable

ReputationRep:
    lol, definitely. You've done barwork then?
    Yep - I work behind a bar at the moment. (Obviously not at this very moment because that would be near impossible lol)

Good fun actually, the best job - great meeting people, and a piece of piss when it isn't busy! lol

ReputationRep:
    its just one of those things that you have to do before you are 18/20/30.. jus imagine never having one.. i feel as if im missing out!!!, thing is im not really a heavyweight and get really really tipsy quickly.. and then thats it.. if anything the next day im just really hyper, but never anything unbearable
    LOL, I spose!

I just get hyper whilst I'm drunk (hense ending up sliding down escalators and pouring edible substances into paddling pools...) the day after I tend to feel just fine. If anything, it's the lack of sleep that really gets me!

ReputationRep:
    I blame it mostly on alcohol. I went out with a couple of mates today for a secondary school reunion and I was getting quite worried when I began to make my own way home at 11:45pm.

I don't worry about pickpockets too much as I don't put my stuff in such stupid places, crying out "please come and steal this from me".

What I'm worried about though are drunk thugs or whatever who might starting picking on me for no reason. It has never happened to me before but sometimes, I do get some nasty looks from people for no reason and it's very intimidating.

I do believe the police are improving as I saw quite a lot of police patrolling today but I believe other measures could help. I was happy when they planned to introduce a curfew for under 16s who are causing trouble and are hanging around acting anti-socially in groups of 2 or more. They have no right to go there and make it miserable for people. No wonder I don't see many tourists around anymore. You even get 11-14 year old girls who think they are 'all that' and going around acting mature while wearing close to nothing.

Despite this, it won't put me off going there, since I only go like a few times a year. I'm planning to go probably once or twice more during the summer but I will probably be back home a bit earlier this time, like 9-10pm. I do have a problem with time though. I told my parents I would be back home today at 9-10pm and I didn't realise it was like 11:30pm when a friend asked me.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.