Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amrad)
    Fabric is undoubtedly a great club but it really depends on what your scene is. If you like rnb and hip hop or want a smaller, more intimate venue (fabric is a 'superclub') then you won't enjoy it.

Jay - most of the clubs in central london/leicester square area do rnb/hip-hop but look out for specific nights. Again depends really what your crowd is.
    Back to the thread topic.

ReputationRep:
    I think that London has become a more dangerous place than like 10 years ago. Of course, places like Peckham and Brixton have always been hotspots for muggings and gang-related crime, but there has been an increasing number of crime commited by young people where they hang around in the suburbs making life hell for people. It's not unusual to drive past a group of young kids in hoodies and baseball caps after 9pm these days. Some are writing graffiti, smashing up things or swearing at people passing. It has got to the point where some residents are afraid to walk outside their homes.

This is pretty much what is happening around the UK though and those who say you should accept it and that it's pretty much part of life in the UK are wrong, because it ain't acceptable and has made me more determined to live abroad one day. I have always been in support for Labour but in the General Election next year, I'm most likely going to vote for the Conservatives now because of their huge focus on crime and anti-social behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    The majority of people don't give a **** about you. I did a paper round last year and every week a dog would bark inside the house and try to bite my hand off. I had no choice but to put the paper in the letter box because it was raining at the time.

The following week, the same thing happened and the man opened his door to apologise, but the dog bites my coat, didn't bite my arm. I ran away for 5 seconds and the dog gave up his pursuit in attacking me.

Then I went back and spoke to the man and said he would tie his dog up in the mornings. I thanked him. Then next week the dog tried to get out of an open window so i thought f... it and just left the paper outside rain or shine.

I also hate the fact that some scum can think to themselves, "ah that looks like a nice cd player/mp3 player/digital camera etc, i'll have that"
    They are never caught of course.

Sorry about the long thread.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.