Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So a few yrs back I did 11+ to get into a grammar school howvery I failed but I now rlly badly want to get into their sixth form. Any advise how too as I cannot compare me too the students at my current schll as they r kinda dumb com pare to me. How can I succeed and I do need exellent gcse so in today terms all 9s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karthika10)
    So a few yrs back I did 11+ to get into a grammar school howvery I failed but I now rlly badly want to get into their sixth form. Any advise how too as I cannot compare me too the students at my current schll as they r kinda dumb com pare to me. How can I succeed and I do need exellent gcse so in today terms all 9s
    You need to give me your bank details; this will guranty you a place.

ReputationRep:
    Probably best not to label the people around you as 'dumb' when you cannot put a simple sentence together...

I failed my 11+ also when I was in year 6. This was many around 6-7 years ago and so I joined a school I pretty much didn't want to go to. I then got the best GCSE's in my year and got offers from all the grammar schools in the area (one being the 2nd best in the country at the time).

Funny enough, I turned down all of these offers and stayed at the same school I'm in now, and now have offers from some of the best universities in the country. It doesn't matter what school you go to, it's the work you put in. I doubt with that attitude, to be honest, that you're going to go far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glassanimal)
    You need to give me your bank details; this will guranty you a place.
    Yes, it will guranty you a palce at a skool. I promiss.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ReallyWigga)
    Probably best not to label the people around you as 'dumb' when you cannot put a simple sentence together...

I failed my 11+ also when I was in year 6. This was many around 6-7 years ago and so I joined a school I pretty much didn't want to go to. I then got the best GCSE's in my year and got offers from all the grammar schools in the area (one being the 2nd best in the country at the time).

Funny enough, I turned down all of these offers and stayed at the same school I'm in now, and now have offers from some of the best universities in the country. It doesn't matter what school you go to, it's the work you put in. I doubt with that attitude, to be honest, that you're going to go far.
    IT DOESN'T MATTER!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just work hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Scale 9?
    You're gonna have to work VERY hard for those.
    Realistically, you probably wouldn't get those.

ReputationRep:
    You're the dumbest person ever hahahahah lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shizzle9)
    You're the dumbest person ever hahahahah lol!
    Why are you f****ing rude you *******ated cat

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No you're not dumb, when I came to the UK my English teacher always mocked me. She used to think that I will never pass my English GCSE , I studied really hard and got a B. Nothing is impossible with will power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaherPhd)
    Why are you f****ing rude you *******ated cat

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please do not use profound language. It's rude.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It is possible. I worked really hard and got a D. Nothing is impossible lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Failing your 11+ for Grammar School doesn't mean you're "dumb" and I would avoid labeling your classmates as "dumb" as that's hypocritical - you can't put a sentence together without errors (I don't intend to be rude). Anyways to get better grades, you need a positive mindset to studying and without that you can't do much. Is there any specific subjects you're struggling with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReallyWigga)

Your a such an inspiration. I'm not the one who started the thread but I got a very good advise

THANK YOU!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shizzle9)
    Please do not use profound language. It's rude.
    I never use bad language...Sorry... but fact you called the other person dumb...made me angry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moltenmo)
    It is possible. I worked really hard and got a D. Nothing is impossible lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe your revision technique never suited you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by MaherPhd)
    Maybe your revision technique never suited you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am just joking. Luckily, this hasn't happened to me...yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.