Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have just received the notification that my application to my first choice uni was unsuccessful. This is my second time applying after not getting in last year so I am retaking two of my a levels and I even asked the uni if I would stand a chance of getting in by doing the retakes and their advice was to do them as I would meet the entry requirements.

Is it possible to appeal the decision or would I still be able to get onto the course if I went through clearing and rejected my other offers?

ReputationRep:
    No to your first question, something else such as your personal statement might have affected your chances. Also You may meet the entry requirements but the universities may have received loads of applications with grades above the requirements :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0xFFFFail)
    No to your first question, something else such as your personal statement might have affected your chances. Also You may meet the entry requirements but the universities may have received loads of applications with grades above the requirements :/
    That's what I thought:/ thanks for replying!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely sounds like a massive shame though, second time applying and not getting in has got to suck. That being said I hope your happy with your insurance!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.