Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OH NO.

I have my driving practical test tomorrow

I am so ridiculously nervous

*sorry stupid post*

ReputationRep:
    drink some booze, that will calm you down...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    drink some booze, that will calm you down...
    and really help him drive :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ohhh ohhhh ohhhh ohhhh ohhhh oh oh oh oh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jak Spencer)
    OH NO.

*sorry stupid post*
    Good luck

from someone who failed twice before passing - make sure you're totally comfortable and everything's where you want it to be before you drive off. Try to forget that you're on a test, just think of it as you're having another lesson, look in your mirrors and watch your speed Oh, and take sunglasses incase it's stupidly bright.

You'll be fine.

Are you driving on manual or automatic? If it's automatic you have absolutely nothing to worry about! If it's manual, just remember to keep control of the clutch and don't go above 2nd gear... everything will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trinigyal)
    Are you driving on manual or automatic? If it's automatic you have absolutely nothing to worry about! If it's manual, just remember to keep control of the clutch and don't go above 2nd gear... everything will be fine.
    Don't go above 2nd gear?! you'd be driving at about 15mph! lol

(Original post by red665)
    Don't go above 2nd gear?! you'd be driving at about 15mph! lol
    Can they fail you for driving too slowly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trinigyal)
    Can they fail you for driving too slowly?
    Yes It's called 'undue hesitation' - I failed my first test for it. Waiting behind a bus for too long when I could have overtaken. (HOW I ask, does that constitute a fail, though? and what about the 'please let the bus go first' signs that they have plastered across the back of them!) - not that I'm bitter at all lol. I got there in the end! :P

(Original post by red665)
    Yes It's called 'undue hesitation' - I failed my first test for it. Waiting behind a bus for too long when I could have overtaken. (HOW I ask, does that constitute a fail, though? and what about the 'please let the bus go first' signs that they have plastered across the back of them!) - not that I'm bitter at all lol. I got there in the end! :P
    :eek: ... well i guess they could fail you if they thought you didn't seem confident behind the wheel, but before i went for my test, my instructor said it's always best to go sloooooooowly so that's what i did. Glad that's behind me though. I was extremely nervous!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Good luck!

My sister's bf failed his first test with 7 major faults! When he passed (5th or 6th attempt) he got 14 minors. So at least you'll be better than him!

If they make you do a turn in the road, go as slowly as possible. And try not to be too scared or nervous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juno_the)
    Good luck!

My sister's bf failed his first test with 7 major faults! When he passed (5th or 6th attempt) he got 14 minors. So at least you'll be better than him!

If they make you do a turn in the road, go as slowly as possible. And try not to be too scared or nervous.
    Yeah go slow lol it might waste some time that u could make other mistakes in lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilipsCDRW)
    ...it was just bad luck.
    Not 'bad luck': bad driving! You could have killed someone doing something stupid like that! Always stop at junctions and look both ways silly. :rolleyes:

I passed my test about 3 weeks ago with 4 minors. Needless to say, I was very relieved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jak Spencer)
    OH NO.

*sorry stupid post*
    i passed 4th time but maintain i was robbed the 2nd time! the 3rd time i got myself so worked up about it i just felt sick and was so nervous because i wanted to pass so badly...i would have passed except for some reason i just stopped at green traffic lights and was waiting for the filter...even though i knew i could go...the next time i just didn't think about it and was fine. noone cares how many times it takes when you've done it anyway, just as long as you can! and i certainly had a lot more driving experience than some of my friends who passed first time, they've had a lot more near misses than i have!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.