Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My employer just posted this in our Facebook work group chat:

"Polite Notice: due to the current economic climate, all operations concerned with the running of ******** are currently being reviewed. A consistent and reliable team is key to the successful operation of the business and YOUR JOB IS AT RISK if you cannot meet your contractual conditions. If anyone needs any clarification on this matter i will be on shift from 1pm where i will be more than happy to discuss this. Thanks for your understanding".

What was she referring to in this message? The starry bit is the name of the company by the way. Is she talking about redundancies? Is someone in trouble but she is making it known to all of us that she expects better? I don't really know what's happened. I have heard that a colleague is regularly calling in sick and it's p*ssing everyone off but that's all I know. I am at work tonight but I'm worried something bad is on the horizon. I've been Googling redundancy rights all morning!

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like she's making a point about slacking and not pulling weight ect . Not letting people go because she has to. 'Consistent and reliable' as long as you are those things , I don't get the impression you'll be laid off .

You'll have to wait and see though .
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My employer just posted this in our Facebook work group chat:

"Polite Notice: due to the current economic climate, all operations concerned with the running of ******** are currently being reviewed. A consistent and reliable team is key to the successful operation of the business and YOUR JOB IS AT RISK if you cannot meet your contractual conditions. If anyone needs any clarification on this matter i will be on shift from 1pm where i will be more than happy to discuss this. Thanks for your understanding".

What was she referring to in this message? The starry bit is the name of the company by the way. Is she talking about redundancies? Is someone in trouble but she is making it known to all of us that she expects better? I don't really know what's happened. I have heard that a colleague is regularly calling in sick and it's p*ssing everyone off but that's all I know. I am at work tonight but I'm worried something bad is on the horizon. I've been Googling redundancy rights all morning!

Any ideas?
    Sounds like they are threatening people who don't work their hours correctly, or dont meet their contracts in some other way.

(Original post by Supernova91)
    Sounds like she's making a point about slacking and not pulling weight ect . Not letting people go because she has to. 'Consistent and reliable' as long as you are those things , I don't get the impression you'll be laid off .

You'll have to wait and see though .
    I am consistent and reliable. I last called in sick over a year ago and that's only due to glandular fever and literally was bed bound. I always pull myself into work whenever possible no matter what. If I go out on a Saturday night, I still turn up 12 sharp on Sunday no matter how bad I'm feeling. There are some staff who wouldn't...

(Original post by claireestelle)
    Sounds like they are threatening people who don't work their hours correctly, or dont meet their contracts in some other way.
    Well once I read the message I went through my contract with a fine tooth comb and I am adhering to it. I am reliable and always turn up to my shifts on time. Obviously there are some times when I have to turn round and say I'm not available for some shifts because of study commitments, etc; but with regards to the shifts I am put down for on the rota, I always turn up.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well once I read the message I went through my contract with a fine tooth comb and I am adhering to it. I am reliable and always turn up to my shifts on time. Obviously there are some times when I have to turn round and say I'm not available for some shifts because of study commitments, etc; but with regards to the shifts I am put down for on the rota, I always turn up.
    I wouldn't panic then

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.