Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So after looking at the Gov.uk eligibilty page for student finance, I noticed that it does not have MMath listed as one of the options, would i still get funding?
    I am really worried about this, along with the fact that I sent off my UCAS yesterday and applied for MMath at Newcastle through partners, I dont know why I did this, I really feel like I shouldv'e applied for just the three year BSc Mathematics, rather than the 4 year MMath then swithched later if I really wanted to. Will applying for the 4 year MMath rather than the 3 year BSc reduce my chances of getting an offer?? Why am I only having these doubts immediately after I sent my application? I'm terrified and I don't know what to do, I feel so stupid.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shannon28082808)
    So after looking at the Gov.uk eligibilty page for student finance, I noticed that it does not have MMath listed as one of the options, would i still get funding?
    I am really worried about this, along with the fact that I sent off my UCAS yesterday and applied for MMath at Newcastle through partners, I dont know why I did this, I really feel like I shouldv'e applied for just the three year BSc Mathematics, rather than the 4 year MMath then swithched later if I really wanted to. Will applying for the 4 year MMath rather than the 3 year BSc reduce my chances of getting an offer?? Why am I only having these doubts immediately after I sent my application? I'm terrified and I don't know what to do, I feel so stupid.
    Enhanced undergraduate degrees like MEng, MSci and MMath are eligible for full undergraduate funding for the length of the course. Universities will almost always consider you for an offer for the BSc equivalent if you're unsuccessful in getting an offer/place on an MMath (but if your'e worried ring them up and ask if that happens for your choices).

Finance wise it's better to start on a 4 year course and later switch down to 3 years than the other way around.

The only issue might be if you start a BSc but want to switch up to an MMath AND have resat a year/restarted your course OR if you complete an MMath you would not be eligible for a postgraduate loan if you wanted to follow up with a MSc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Enhanced undergraduate degrees like MEng, MSci and MMath are eligible for full undergraduate funding for the length of the course. Universities will almost always consider you for an offer for the BSc equivalent if you're unsuccessful in getting an offer/place on an MMath (but if your'e worried ring them up and ask if that happens for your choices).

Finance wise it's better to start on a 4 year course and later switch down to 3 years than the other way around.

The only issue might be if you start a BSc but want to switch up to an MMath AND have resat a year/restarted your course OR if you complete an MMath you would not be eligible for a postgraduate loan if you wanted to follow up with a MSc.
    Thank you so, so much!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.