Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedicDee)
    I originally went through an agency. There are 7 faculties in the Czech Republic who offer medical degrees taught in English. I narrowed my choices down to 3 or them and luckily ended up in Prague which was my first choice. There's students on the course from all over the world. The majority in my year are from Germany and Sweden. You learn Czech from the 1st year, it's not too advanced but enough so you can communicate with patients during clinical years.
    Brexit is a good question - I personally don't think it will be a problem as the UK have a shortage of doctors so I'm sure the UK government wont make it difficult for British citizens to come back and practice. Who knows though! Time will tell.
    Thanks for the reply. Do you remember which agency you went through?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daliah123)
    I study medicine abroad and think its probably the best decision I've made. I personally applied through an agency called Tutelage and they handled everything for me and were pretty quick with the paperwork and stuff.

The medicine course is in English but they teach you the local language in class. For the English course, students are predominantly International. You would be expected to know basic terms in the local language just in case the patients don't know English.
    I study abroad too and it was probably the best decision I've ever made. I applied through Tutelage aswell and they literally took care of the whole application process and even flew out with me to settle me in and get accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuiop786)
    Thanks for the reply. Do you remember which agency you went through?
    Tutelage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onthemoon)
    I think it is great idea and after doing a lot of research I am applying to Czech Republic. The facilities at the Czech universities are fantastic and I am looking forward to the experience of really living in other country.

Plus if i graduate I will have a degree that is recognised all over the world.
    Hi, What grades do they accept to study medicine? Many thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.