Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I missed out on my firm choice last year by 3 marks in total (across two subjects) and went to my insurance university. However I am now thinking of resitting a couple of my A level exams (not the whole subjects) alongside my first year and reapplying for the firm uni.

When entering the details on UCAS how do I show that I have the grades of A*ABB but am resitting a couple of the exams?

Also can I reuse last years reference? There is no one to write me a new one and the deadline is the 15th

Any help greatly appreciated, I am in a tough spot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Music With Rocks)
    So I missed out on my firm choice last year by 3 marks in total (across two subjects) and went to my insurance university. However I am now thinking of resitting a couple of my A level exams (not the whole subjects) alongside my first year and reapplying for the firm uni.

When entering the details on UCAS how do I show that I have the grades of A*ABB but am resitting a couple of the exams?

Also can I reuse last years reference? There is no one to write me a new one and the deadline is the 15th

no you can't reuse a reference. I would recommend getting an academic reference, from your insurance uni, okay?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

You should get a reference from your current university. Also the 15th Jan deadline doesn't apply if you are transferring to Y2 at a different university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I would say you should put down your B grade, and then add the same subject again, but this time check "pending". This will let the uni know that you have already achieved a B grade and you are resitting, and therefore the new grade is pending.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.