Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi can anyone recommend a university that does Advertising (creative advertising) that they have enjoyed/loved or felt was interesting?

TIA x
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by gaby_marie)
    Hi can anyone recommend a university that does Advertising (creative advertising) that they have enjoyed/loved or felt was interesting?

TIA x
    Hi there!

I'm a second year Digital Advertising & Design student studying at Ravensbourne and I love the course. It has a heavy focus on industry which presents us with many opportunities with live briefs, internships, workshop with many clients and agencies based around London. In the first year I won an internship with international brand consultants Saffron, I've entered competitions and worked with: Barclays, The Queen's Gallery, The National Lottery, Ogilvy and more. It's been hard work but I've come out a lot more experienced.

I came to Ravensbourne being uncomfortable with presenting but I can now say that I'm almost there at delivering a decent pitch. The work we are given is centred around creating innovative and creative content and generally doesn't really stick to the conventions of traditional advertising but that's because of the emerging technology and platforms that we are seeing and would probably need to design for in the future. Our course leader has had 20 years experience in the industry and has seen the change from advertising for the first websites in 95 to the ways content is pushed out nowadays, snapchat filters being one of them for example.

If you're interested in a non-traditional forward thinking advertising course the perhaps this is one to consider here is a link the Ravensbourne's BA (Hons) Advertising Course.

I hope this helps, if there is more you want to know please do not hesitate to message us or drop a line on this post

Jordan

ReputationRep:
    Mate wait for someone who has actually done a course to answer, not the unis themselves. They will only say the good things about the course

ReputationRep:
    Hi Tia,
    Im currently in my second year at Bucks New University doing the Creative Advertising course there.
    Its located close to London so is really good for networking. Hundreds of Bucks grads now work in the industry so are always willing to give advice, workshops and placements. During first year alone we visited 7 different top London agencies, and the number of visits get higher throughout the 3 year course. Due to being close to London, we're easily approachable to agencies so sometimes they give us live briefs to work on. Which means our work could contribute to real advertising campaigns.
    We also go on placements to agencies in 2nd year and 3rd year - I'm pretty sure we're one of the only BA courses to offer that.
    When I was applying I was worried as I didn't know much about it but coming for my interview, I instantly got a good feeling about the course.
    Its a really switched on course in terms of getting you ready to get yourself out there into the advertising world.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.