Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i have been struggling to find a job for months now, i am 16 year old who is looking for a part time/weekend job. i have tried looking on websites, indeed etc, posting onto a facebook page for jobs near me and handing in CV's to local shops however i still haven't managed to get a job, any ideas of how to succeed in getting a part time job?
    • TSR Support Team

Moved to the jobs section.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

okay I'll answer the question:
    you're 16. I didn't get my first real job until I was about 19 or 20. if you don't have experience, because of the minimum wage law, your odds of actually getting a job are tiny. so you have to keep applying, over and over and over again, until finally a company throws you a bone and takes a risk with you. your first job is perhaps the most important job you'll get, hence why it's difficult to find, because it will put your foot on the employment ladder. so don't worry that it's difficult to find - you're only 16 ffs. if you're in your a levels, don't even worry about it. I wasn't planning on even getting a small until uni summers. but know this: the earlier you get your summer jobs, the easier it will be later on when you're in your uni summers. I found that out the difficult way.

you also have to appreciate the importance of how well you interview and how well you've written your CV

I am 18. How do you Think i Feel? The struggle is real

ReputationRep:
      how do I post on the jobs section?
      • TSR Support Team

(Original post by abbieshepherdX)
      how do I post on the jobs section?
      This is the job section where I moved this post to, just you are more likely to get advice with me moving the post.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by abbieshepherdX)
      i have been struggling to find a job for months now, i am 16 year old who is looking for a part time/weekend job. i have tried looking on websites, indeed etc, posting onto a facebook page for jobs near me and handing in CV's to local shops however i still haven't managed to get a job, any ideas of how to succeed in getting a part time job?
      Specify more on exactly how you'v been searching for jobs online. Were you just looking for the same kind of job (e.g. sales assistant)?

ReputationRep:
      On websites I have just been putting in part time jobs, and then my location, but nothing really seems to be coming up that would be good for me
      • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
      Have you thought about doing some volunteering, internships or work experience by any chance?

Also, what location have you been looking in for work?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.