Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are the pros and cons of dating you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, that is super super cute!!! That must have been so cool to plan and do!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eruditeprincess)
    Ok, that is super super cute!!! That must have been so cool to plan and do!
    Ikr! Would have been so awkward if she said no though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Ikr! Would have been so awkward if she said no though
    Yeah!! But she didn't, which was important!

From this comes one con of dating me: I have lots of special interests I get obsessive over that eventually means I am more serious about that than my significant other. Obsessive = I talk about it a lot and hum/recite facts with one ask. It makes it useful insofar as if you wanted to know the entire cast of a TV show/play/musical I enjoy, I'm p much a human google for that stuff. If not, enduring my interests isn't fab.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yeah!! But she didn't, which was important!

From this comes one con of dating me: I have lots of special interests I get obsessive over that eventually means I am more serious about that than my significant other. Obsessive = I talk about it a lot and hum/recite facts with one ask. It makes it useful insofar as if you wanted to know the entire cast of a TV show/play/musical I enjoy, I'm p much a human google for that stuff. If not, enduring my interests isn't fab.
    I think it's good to have several interests, then there's a lot of good conversation starters to go from And for someone like me, I'm not the best conversationalist so I like that people would know a lot about their interests to keep the conversation going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I think it's good to have several interests, then there's a lot of good conversation starters to go from And for someone like me, I'm not the best conversationalist so I like that people would know a lot about their interests to keep the conversation going.
    Me knowing a lot about my interests is good for me but bores those around me most often. My knowledge can range from 'oh this dude was in it' to 'this specific song played during this specific scene in which this specific character did xyz and replayed x amounts of episodes/seasons later during xyz event that mirrored that specific scene'. It's my party trick with my novelty double-jointedness, which is always fun to show off to people who don't expect it.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Me knowing a lot about my interests is good for me but bores those around me most often. My knowledge can range from 'oh this dude was in it' to 'this specific song played during this specific scene in which this specific character did xyz and replayed x amounts of episodes/seasons later during xyz event that mirrored that specific scene'. It's my party trick with my novelty double-jointedness, which is always fun to show off to people who don't expect it.
    I'd be the total opposite to you in the sense that I don't know that much about my interests lol, that's one of my cons. I guess all that info you know would be useful when they're into it as much as you

ReputationRep:
    The biggest con with me (being serious) is that I am not very emotional and I am very logical. It means I respond to things/situations in quite a dry, analytic way and this has caused problems in the past.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I'd be the total opposite to you in the sense that I don't know that much about my interests lol, that's one of my cons. I guess all that info you know would be useful when they're into it as much as you
    Tbf I am v good at trivia (I watch Pointless with my mum sometimes and I usually get really obscure answers)
    And yeah. But a lot of the stuff I know is either about musicals or plays (I do drama so I find it easy to memorise lyrics and scripts at length, to the point where in AS drama I was reciting the entire performance of The Pillowman that we did and got glared at multiple times by one of my mates for doing it. But my memory helped me win a drama festival!) or the teen dramas that I like. Not useful for my classes but useful if I meet someone who likes the same stuff as me as it makes it easy to connect over that.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Tbf I am v good at trivia (I watch Pointless with my mum sometimes and I usually get really obscure answers)
    And yeah. But a lot of the stuff I know is either about musicals or plays (I do drama so I find it easy to memorise lyrics and scripts at length, to the point where in AS drama I was reciting the entire performance of The Pillowman that we did and got glared at multiple times by one of my mates for doing it. But my memory helped me win a drama festival!) or the teen dramas that I like. Not useful for my classes but useful if I meet someone who likes the same stuff as me as it makes it easy to connect over that.
    I used to watch a lot of game shows as well. I still watch it every now and then. You're just showing your passion for it lol, haters gonna hate. You got something for it too!

Yeah I agree. I don't think it's a bad thing anyway, my interests are photography and travel which are quite generic :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I used to watch a lot of game shows as well. I still watch it every now and then. You're just showing your passion for it lol, haters gonna hate. You got something for it too!

Yeah I agree. I don't think it's a bad thing anyway, my interests are photography and travel which are quite generic :lol:
    They're still interests that can be talked about and developed into different routes! Mine have specific routes to follow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    You'd win me over with the dank memes.
    You filthy goldigger. I knew you never loved me for who I am! Me izz ssad nuzzle (( ecks dee
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-ved)
    You filthy goldigger. I knew you never loved me for who I am! Me izz ssad nuzzle (( ecks dee
    Personality over memes :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Personality over memes :yep:
    Depression = memes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Pros:

I will cook for you, look after you emotionally and physically and **** you properly
    I know when to take the lead and when to be a little bit more laid back
    Loyalty to my woman is my strongest trait. I won't be remotely interested in other women.
    We will go on exciting holidays, travel the world and do it in style. (Free business class tickets, anyone?)
    We will wine and dine

Cons:

I have insomnia, lol have fun with that
    You will never, ever win an arguement with me. Ever.
    I won't skip gym for you.
    I won't watch your crappy films or listen to your **** music, sorry .
    I'm stubborn, as you can tell.
    I'm very tactile, so if you're not really into PDA then, well...sucks to be you.
    I'm not massively romantic. I'll buy you nice gifts and display nice gestures, but there probably won't be any nice words to go along with it. Thoughts there though, don't worry.
    I probably won't tell you 'I love you' for a very, very long time. So if you say it to me after sex after like, 4 months of being together I will laugh at you and not say it back.
    apparently we are the same person, at least on cons (exept that gym thing)
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Pros of dating me;
    1. If you are clingy, needy or obsessive it wouldn't matter
    2. I would be loyal and treat you like a queen
    3. i would be willing to compromise
    4. I would be willing to try new things
    5. Me and you would share household responsibilities
    6. I would be there for you, support you, care for you and help you out
    7. i am an IT nerd so I would be able to give u tech support and update your devices
    8. I am against sex before marriage so you wouldn't have to worry about getting pregnant because of me until we get married
    9. I have no other pals i would hang out with so i would be all yours
    10. I am a youtuber so we could vlog together

Cons:
    1. I can be clingy
    2. I wont be able to drive
    3. I can become depressed and stressed and angry easily

ReputationRep:
    Pros - I am a god.
    Cons - None

ReputationRep:
    Cons - clingy, insecure , low self esteem and fairly selfish

Pros- fiercely loyal when I have a connection, love to tall about things from celebrities videogames , painting , food ,science , very affectionate, mature?? Likes to travel places.

ReputationRep:
    Pros: music taste, virgin, diamond 4 (Leuge of Legends), adopted a child
    Pros/Cons (depending on what you're into): kinky
    Cons: Allergic to latex

ReputationRep:
    pros: willing to share my antidepressants
    cons: they don't really work
    literally everything else you can imagine

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 30, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.